Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

re Stolen Z4

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
w1ndsurfnut

re Stolen Z4

Post by w1ndsurfnut » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:23 pm

Some of you may have seen my posts before and I have a Grey Z4 2003 2.5. We bought it years ago to sell in France. Trouble is driving it from the UK to France I fell in love with it. Up to that point I had never been bothered about BMW's. Wondered what the attraction was. I can't really even being aware of the Z4. Anyway the difference between what I can get them for in the Uk and what they sell for in France is massive so we thought we would have another punt. Another car came up at Moorlands in Basingstoke which is where we have bought our last 3 cars from.
Cut a long story short after 2 years still had not sold it. ( The French are real pussies when it comes to RHD ) So we put it into a car dealers in Cognac who said I'll get you 8000Euro for it. Same car with similar mileage over here is up for 12 to 14000 euro. ( I know, ridiculous )
Put the car in there in November. Hadn't heard anything for a while. Companies in liquidation, cars gone missing. Police not involved at the moment because it may be with a liquidator. But there involved everywhere else because he has conned loads of people I have since found out.
So we have to wait until Tuesday to see if the liquidator has it. If not, that means he has fraudulently changed the Carte Gris( French V5 ) and someone else is driving round in my car.
We never sold the car to the dealer, it's in what they call a depot de vent, so he just holds it to sell on our behalf, we still have the original Carte Gris, its insured under our name.
There is a new company on the site, but it might be the same guy, and he also works at the Nissan dealership in Cognac. Guess where I am going to be going next week if it is not with the liquidators.
Answers on a post card.

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

re Stolen Z4

Post by paddy wright » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:57 pm

:o hope you get sorted
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!

w1ndsurfnut

re Stolen Z4

Post by w1ndsurfnut » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:16 pm

So this is rapidly turning in to a farce. Lindsey phones the liquidators. Wont talk to us, won't tell us nothing. Have to send a dossier to prove we are who we are. Go back to Jarnac police, you have to go to talk to Cognac. No its not us you have to deal with Limoge. Speak to Limoge. we won't deal with you unless you a a PLENT( wtf is that. ) where do you get that. From your local police station. Basically the rozzers are doing f**k all. Apparently we are a victim, and we all have to lodge a dossier with the relevant department saying why we are a victim. Pretty soon I think M DIDIER ROYE is going to be a victim of aggravated assault at this rate.

RustyZ4
Lifer
Lifer

re Stolen Z4

Post by RustyZ4 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:03 pm

I understood Plent means complain, so I take it they mean complainant
Z4 Mineral Grey, 28i MSport Auto, lots of goodies
Z4 E85 3.0, gone but now with son :D
Growing Old is Mandatory But Growing Up is Optional

rj-ph

re Stolen Z4

Post by rj-ph » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:04 pm

Correct. Enregistrer une plainte = file a complaint. Hope it works out.
2007 Z4 Coupé E86 Si Sport

w1ndsurfnut

re Stolen Z4

Post by w1ndsurfnut » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:38 am

Yes that is correct. But unfortunately we cannot fill out a plaine because that is for a stolen car, which according to the local Gendarmerie it is not. Because its not stolen, I cannot claim on my insurance. We are getting F*ck all help from anyone. Its just a paper chase. Which I am becoming increasingly more frustrated with. I told the gendarmes I was going to beat him up if I find him, to which they replied they would arrest me, but the guy out in the back office was nodding his head saying that is what this guy needs. I am not the sort of guy who enjoys a punch up, but I am not going to take one up the bum on this. So at this staged I am trying to track him down. I will ask him first where the car is if I manage to find him, but depending on the response who knows where it will go. I'm only in it for 5K( what I payed at the time in the UK ) so it's not life and death. But this guy hase been doing this for ages and no one has done anything about it. Yes he has had his businesses stopped. But hardly anyone has got there money back. Total scum bag by the name of Didier Roy, address somewhere in Cherves Richmond, Cognac France.

Monkeydonkeyratmagic

re Stolen Z4

Post by Monkeydonkeyratmagic » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:59 am

Kind of the problem with these get rich quick schemes. They never work out. That car is probably long gone.
MR-2 Turbo Rev2

Yep no Z yet. On the hunt.

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

re Stolen Z4

Post by mmm-five » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:08 pm

It happens over here too on 'sale or return'.

If the company goes bust, and you have no 'privileged debtor' status or contract stating the car remains your property at all times until a sale is finalised, then basically you'll get nothing.

It's France too, so even if it was a criminal matter (this is a civil matter) I would expect the local Gendarmes to shrug their shoulders anyway.
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

w1ndsurfnut

re Stolen Z4

Post by w1ndsurfnut » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:27 am

**UPDATE***
After having found out where the scum bag lives, and being at the point of going up there to sort the bastard out. The car has been found. Guess what. It was with the liquidators all the time. You know, the ones that refused to tell us if they had it. Had an email today to say it’s in a depot in Cognac. But they had to check last night they hadn’t auctioned it by mistake. Talk about “les incompetents”. Next thing is what state is it in after 6 months.

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

re Stolen Z4

Post by paddy wright » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:47 pm

So glad you found it! 😀
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!

bz4kev

re Stolen Z4

Post by bz4kev » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:48 pm

That’s a relief op hopefully it’s ok and not been abused and if it is I would want compensating for there incompetence :x hopefully all is good :D
2004 z4 30i auto Toledo blue stubby Areo front back sideskirts and rear spoiler M/// MFSW DLV exhaust mod mma tips vanos overhaul 108s refurbed ram air scoop E46 M3 heated seats clear rear lights M/// sport black grills

buzyg
Legend
Legend

re Stolen Z4

Post by buzyg » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:26 am

Fingers crossed you get your bum in the seat and can drive it home soon? Good luck.

w1ndsurfnut

re Stolen Z4

Post by w1ndsurfnut » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:06 pm

***Another Update***
So last night I was goading the new owners of the car sales lot as I heard they where renting it off the dodgy Mr Didier Roy. Nothing to do with us they say, he has nothing to do with this site. In the mean time the liquidators contacted us and said your car is in the garage in Cognac. But we are not going to bother opening it up for you to collect until we have the auction there. Anyway back to the goading. I explain that I know the address of Didier Roy and I am going to go visit him and beat him up.
Guess what, get a phone call today to say we can go and get the car between 3and 4pm. Just got back. There is something really fishy about all this. The liquidator turns up with the partner of Didier Roy, he's being all nicey nice then I recognise who he is. Her indoors is panicking because she can see I have recognised him and is thinking its all going to kick off. Managed to get it started with a completely flat battery off jump leads. Light up like a Christmas tree, power steering ,tyre pressure etc etc. They could not get us out of there quick enough. Anyway while i am waiting for Lindsey (her indoors )to come back with a can of fuel, I am kicking a paper floor protector around the foot well. Turn it over and its got the name of the new establishment on it, you know the ones who are nothing to do with it.

My theory, partners sets up new company on site, back hands the liquidator and buys all the assets back at a knock down price. Mother F***ers.

dans6490

re Stolen Z4

Post by dans6490 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:22 pm

That is dodgy.......but nothing that a can of petrol, evenly distributed at the car lot, won’t solve

RustyZ4
Lifer
Lifer

re Stolen Z4

Post by RustyZ4 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:28 pm

It is dodgy, no doubt, but it happens here, a company goes into liquidation, buys all the stock back off the liquidators, knock down price, knocks all his creditors, depend if you can sleep at night and if you want to spend your life looking over your shoulder,
I would say don't let it eat you up, let it go and move on with life, its frustrating, annoying, but not worth ruling your life
Z4 Mineral Grey, 28i MSport Auto, lots of goodies
Z4 E85 3.0, gone but now with son :D
Growing Old is Mandatory But Growing Up is Optional