Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Z4 Roadster 3.0Si - 26k miles

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Marlon » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:29 pm

pattyclfly1 wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:23 pm I've run an Experian check which is clear although it shows that the current reg was changed from another private plate, RLZ7818, on 10/4/2008. Is there anything I need to be considering and digging deeper about?
Do you mean digging deeper regarding the change of plate? If so, there nothing to be concerned about there.
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

pattyclfly1

Post by pattyclfly1 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:45 pm

I was just perturbed that people seemed to be suggesting there could be something untoward about the fact there are 2 cars with such close registrations on the market - was wondering if i needed to dig deeper about the car's history and if so, if anyone could offer any advice as to what they would do.

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Marlon » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:52 pm

pattyclfly1 wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:45 pm I was just perturbed that people seemed to be suggesting there could be something untoward about the fact there are 2 cars with such close registrations on the market - was wondering if i needed to dig deeper about the car's history and if so, if anyone could offer any advice as to what they would do.
Use the No. plate to get MOT history etc here: https://www.gov.uk/checks-when-buying-a-used-car
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

Mighty1

Post by Mighty1 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:47 pm

Drove down from Durham a few years ago to boc Bolton looking at kingfisher blue tt said it hadn’t been involved to his knowledge any accident but as I lifted the bonnet on test drive all plastic seemed brand new not just cleaned back in showrooms tried to contact previous keepers didn’t reply then said that they’re going to get her again no one rang back
Rang next day geezer was playing golf said I was a time waster in so many words I’d only spent the day getting there and back
Needless to say owner never rang me I didn’t ring them back again
Geoff
Previous
Z4 2.0 M sport
Porsche Boxster
SLk 3.5
MK1 Mx5
Currently z2.5 Auto exclusive Maldives blue

skelters

Post by skelters » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:06 pm

pattyclfly1 wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:45 pm I was just perturbed that people seemed to be suggesting there could be something untoward about the fact there are 2 cars with such close registrations on the market - was wondering if i needed to dig deeper about the car's history and if so, if anyone could offer any advice as to what they would do.
I posted the links to the two cars with the similar REG plates.

Personally I couldn't care whether it was private plates, Irish plates, dealer plates or anything else on the car. The reason for that is I already have a Z4, not looking for another one at the moment however I felt that it was worthy of a reply in case there was something in it that you, the potential buyer, might need to be aware of.

The two REG plates are possibly just a harmless coincidence that they lettering is close to each other or perhaps there's something in it? Is it the same person selling two cars?

Two cars, 50 miles apart, next consecutive number plate, both on Z4's, both for sale at the same time even though the Silver 2.5 SI advert does say that the original plate is back on that car.

It's your money not mine but I'd certainly hope you spend the time and money on....

DVLA check. Give them a phone about REG changes, take a note of the changes and make sure the MOT's with the car all match the REG and mileage.
MOT History check - PASS / FAIL and everything fixed that should have been fixed. Check there's receipts that match up to work done.
HPI check
RAC / AA Check - Accurate valuation and health check.

After that it's up to you!
2007 Z4 3.0si Sport. Silver Grey Metallic, Brembo Brakes, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Machine Monkey Exhaust Tips, Stubby, Piano Black trim, Black Leather, Bilstein B12-Pro-Kit, Michelin Pilot Sport 4 on MV2's. Roof Motor in the Boot!

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ben g » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:55 pm

skelters wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:06 pm
I posted the links to the two cars with the similar REG plates.

Personally I couldn't care whether it was private plates, Irish plates, dealer plates or anything else on the car. The reason for that is I already have a Z4, not looking for another one at the moment however I felt that it was worthy of a reply in case there was something in it that you, the potential buyer, might need to be aware of.

The two REG plates are possibly just a harmless coincidence that they lettering is close to each other or perhaps there's something in it? Is it the same person selling two cars?

Two cars, 50 miles apart, next consecutive number plate, both on Z4's, both for sale at the same time even though the Silver 2.5 SI advert does say that the original plate is back on that car.

It's your money not mine but I'd certainly hope you spend the time and money on....

DVLA check. Give them a phone about REG changes, take a note of the changes and make sure the MOT's with the car all match the REG and mileage.
MOT History check - PASS / FAIL and everything fixed that should have been fixed. Check there's receipts that match up to work done.
HPI check
RAC / AA Check - Accurate valuation and health check.

After that it's up to you!
Here, put this on.
f07.jpg
f07.jpg (19.82 KiB) Viewed 520 times
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

skelters

Post by skelters » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:26 pm

No tin foil hat required.
2007 Z4 3.0si Sport. Silver Grey Metallic, Brembo Brakes, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Machine Monkey Exhaust Tips, Stubby, Piano Black trim, Black Leather, Bilstein B12-Pro-Kit, Michelin Pilot Sport 4 on MV2's. Roof Motor in the Boot!

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jamie_z4 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:23 pm

ben g wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:55 pm
Here, put this on.

f07.jpg
:lol:
18 Z4s owned to date.

Current: 2.5i Titan silver

Daily driver: 480bhp M140i Shadow edition.

pattyclfly1

Post by pattyclfly1 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:47 pm

bigosean wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:50 pm Looks like a nice car bud :thumbsup: it’s only 5 mins from my work so if you’re interested in buying it and want me to take a look over it before you travel over just let me know pal :thumbsup: :D
A big thank you to bigosean for your help in taking a look at this car with me and for everyone else's input for that matter. A great set of people on this forum. A lovely looking car but there were some signs of damage repair which my untrained eye would not have picked up on. Therefore walked away and got my deposit back.