Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Top suspension mounts

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Two_Phones_Eddie

Top suspension mounts

Post by Two_Phones_Eddie » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:48 pm

Hi, looking at redoing my top mounts on my 2007 3.0 Coupe all round and have a question on the rears...are the roadster and Coupe the same or different? Was about to order some from GSF's eBay store but the said that they didn't fit my Coupe....Is this the same story for the front as well? Anyone point me in the right direction or tell me what you bought? Info is much appreciated

Many thanks

Adam

Tyreman

Top suspension mounts

Post by Tyreman » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:03 pm

I asked this same question about a week ago, the general consensus is that they are all the same with the exception of the Z4M & Alpina.

Chris1981

Top suspension mounts

Post by Chris1981 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:05 pm

Well I thought they were the same but looking on realoem it would imply that the part listed for coupe only goes on the coupe....

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/partxre ... series=E86

The front mount does list both roadster and coupe against the part though, so maybe the rears are different somehow!?

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showpar ... Id=31_0648

I bought my fronts direct from GSF on one of their weekend discount codes, not changed the rears yet so be interested to know what you need to buy and if they are unique to the coupe!?
E86 Coupe 3.0si Sport - Montego Blue, Pearl Grey with Piano Black dash
BC BR series Coilovers, powerflex bushes, 15mm spacers, Custom SS exhaust, CDV delete

Two_Phones_Eddie

Top suspension mounts

Post by Two_Phones_Eddie » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:23 pm

Thank you for the replies guys, I have ordered some Meyle HD ones that say compatible with Coupe but I suppose we will wait and see. Just need to sort the fronts out. Surely the rears must be the same I hope :D