Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Help with selecting a coding/diagnostic software for 2007 E85

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
MileHighZee

Post by MileHighZee » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:03 pm

Hello all. I recently bought a beautiful 2007 3.0si. I have been reading the forum and find myself a little overwhelmed at what is the best software for coding and diagnostics...

I want to code and activate some of the cool features like the triple flash turn signals, brake force lights, and tweak some other features. I also want to be able to read any faults and be able to monitor the engine parameters for any repairs.

Carly?
NCS Expert?
What windows version will work? I am concerned there is some software in German? I don't want to screw something up if I get too deep in the coding.

What works the best? Easiest to use? Best price overall?

My local independent mechanic charges $140 to hookup and diagnose..etc. I'd rather do it myself if it's not extremely technical.
Thanks for your help. I'm looking forward to customizing my car!

Cheers!

Jay
2007 Z4 3.0si Bright red :thumbsup:

ph001
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ph001 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:25 pm

For basic fault diagnosis and coding Carly is by far the easiest and most intuitive, but it’s not that cheap when you have to buy the lead and full software.

Cheapest is an Ebay cable and a software install package. INPA is probably easiest to install but it struggles to scan some ecus on mine and yes, many parts are in German. Other software like DIS need a virtual machine and things start getting complicated.
2007 E85 Z4 3.0Si manual :driving:
19" CSL's | Eibach Springs | Aeroskirts | Z4M front bumper | Clear brake light | ZHP | RCH+| Stubby

2004 E46 M3 coupe manual - gone but not forgotten.