Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

part re-spray

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
ranski
Lifer
Lifer

part re-spray

Post by ranski » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:56 pm

Afternoon all,

I'm about to press the trigger on getting my 2003 Z4 resprayed

M Front bumper
M Rear bumper
Rear upper quarter panel
Rear lower quarter panel / Aero skirt

I know the (potential) issue with non treated areas not matching, however the chap said as the other areas are in very good condition it shouldn't be an issue

In terms of price i have been quoted what i think is a very reasonable £800 using https://www.facebook.com/carsmetics.org I have also been on site to look over his work and no alarm bells are ringing.

Has anyone else had several areas resprayed? if so what are your thoughts with your finish?

Thanks

Z4 3.0 / Mods done... too many to mention

raymond.harper

part re-spray

Post by raymond.harper » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:31 pm

Your car has paint that is 15 years old so matching will always be a problem. They can "blend it in" but having seen the result it does not really work. I had an SLK a few years ago and in the end I had the sides repainted so it looked alright.

ranski
Lifer
Lifer

part re-spray

Post by ranski » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:38 pm

Yes my thoughts also

However when i had the Aero skirts, front and rear bumpers added (3 and 4 years ago) they matched the other 10 year old panels just fine. However the place i originally used obviously didn't do the best job, hence im having to have the same areas sprayed again.

Ill post up once its been done :thumbsup:

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

part re-spray

Post by flimper » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:43 pm

Had the front end resprayed on mine, very happy with the quality of the work, only downside is that it stone chips even more than before which was a bit disappointing
Piano black & black extended leather. Power mirrors, tinted glass, PDC, Prof hi-fi, CD, retro-fit cruise

jpvd

part re-spray

Post by jpvd » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:34 pm

just collected mine this morning after a part respray...

front wings both sides
rear quarters both side
and bonnet

they were showing rust so had to sort them...

rest of car was machine polished

has turned out great.....so would say go for it (and mine is the metallic black)

ranski
Lifer
Lifer

part re-spray

Post by ranski » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:02 pm

:thumbsup:

bmwaddict

part re-spray

Post by bmwaddict » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:13 am

I'm having the front end done at the moment, blended in the middle of the doors, and in a few months I'll have the rear done, blended into the new paint on the front end for a perfect match. I've always done it this way with previous cars I've had painted, a lot of people just get panels done and get a good match and you wouldn't be able to tell if you didnt know, but I find with the darker metallic paints it seems to be more of an issue.
I look forward to seeing your pics, very jealous of the Aero skirts!
Currently zedless :(

'07 Mugello Blue Audi B7 RS4 Saloon with added goodies
'94 Black/Silver/Green Honda CBR400RR
Previous:
'07 Ruby Black Z4MC
'07 Sapphire Black Z4C 3.0si Sport

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

part re-spray

Post by cj10jeeper » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:40 pm

Don’t worry about blending. Most body shops have ceased doing it theses days as not required.
My front bumper was resprayed by the owner after selling to him and it looked spot on. Same colour and build month as yours
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills