Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Windshield Cowl replacement.....Pain?

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Kap'nZ4

Post by Kap'nZ4 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:40 am

One item that is cracked/chipping and plain old weather worn that's got my OCD's a ticking. Was looking to replace it last year over the winter but items got in the way to make her solid underneath. IE: new brake lines, replacing strut mounts, nuts bolts and well you guys know best there is a plethora of items that niggle us...
I'm gauging myself to be approximately 95% done with this restoration, leather and trim left to go.....

So now the windshield cowl is my tick.

Link has a whole kit..... https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-bmw ... 7017022kt/

But per the review is it really that big of a problem? Price is not bad compared to last year and was $350 then. minus the clips and expanding plastic rivets.

So question is, if you replaced, am I looking at a couple hours of no none sense replacement or up to a full evening of crying like a little hussy cause I cant reach this spot or that one?

Value your input, as always.
God saw me fit enough to drive it. It's my responsibility to drive it the way its meant to be drove. (All Roads Open.) Mods and fixes are mounting and I don't care, as it will be drove come hell or high water. :D

Crazy Harry

Post by Crazy Harry » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:01 am

Sure someone posted a youtube vid link for this earlier this year - if I remember correctly one you have the wipers of its a simple job but I haven't done it. Sure someone who has will put me right.

think this was it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avGqPcCZCN8

Steve84N

Post by Steve84N » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:06 am

Replacement is easy, it's taking off the old one and putting it back on that's hard as the mounts for the clips break off. Have a 3 leg puller handy for the wiper.
C63 AMG Estate 6208cc

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:51 am

350 dollars sounds a lot, I’m sure they were just over £100 here just a few years ago?
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold