Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

The mat daddy?

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
piotrZ4

The mat daddy?

Post by piotrZ4 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:43 am

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

The mat daddy?

Post by RickRob » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:45 am

Looks good but not for £120. Given how concentrated the wear is on mats - 95% from the driver's heel - I would looking to spend say £60 and change them more often.
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

Phoenixboy

The mat daddy?

Post by Phoenixboy » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:58 am

I have oem which were in the car when I bought it 18months ago.
still seem ok.
will keep an eye out in the sales section, when you move these on.lol
E89 s drive 30i manual/gone
space grey
Carbon interior trim
19" Veeman FS 25`s
cruise control
m sport seats
stubby
led halo bulbs
z4 forum sticker, for added power.
OEM wind deflector
Gone, E85 Ruby Black.

thanatu55

The mat daddy?

Post by thanatu55 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:30 pm

Crazy Harry wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:04 am Did they not state a thickness or show a picture 'side on'? I'm using these
I think they are quite clever on their site, they have plenty of small-ish vague photos of various mats without ever labelling which photo relates to which mat, so it's mainly left to the imagination. They rely on the 'Europes highest pile' and weight statements that mean very little to the average customer but paint the idea of something particularly special that beats all the competition. Maybe it does for the style of mat, but I still just expected more.

GAZA62 wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:38 am They look fine to me nice and thick is the drivers mat any longer than OEM as I know you did not like the shorter mat and I take it you binned the last set you bought as for OEM mats I do not rate them that's why I bought after market mats.
The other mats are on eBay and in the for sale section here. I had a guy on Facebook tell me he was 'very interested' but never followed up that interest, kinda left me hanging the p***k. These mats aren't particularly long but I will admit they are a good fit and much more subtle than the previous ones, and though I expected more they are pretty well made.

Phoenixboy wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:58 am will keep an eye out in the sales section, when you move these on.lol
Damn have I become that predictable? :lol:

kis
Lifer
Lifer

The mat daddy?

Post by kis » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:27 pm

Just looks like carpet... like at home? Doesn't do it for me! Sorry :thumbsdown:
My E85 Z4 3.0i SMG

BMW Family History (past and present):
1 Series - E87
3 Series - E46 Coupe, E46 M3, E90 (x3)
4 Series - F36, F82 M4
5 Series - E34 (x2), E39
7 Series - E32
X5 - E53, E70
X6 - E71

Steve84N

The mat daddy?

Post by Steve84N » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:40 pm

I'd have told you to get these: http://www.manicci.com/shop/
manicciluxurycarmatsblack-blue.png
manicciluxurycarmatsblack-blue.png (1001.48 KiB) Viewed 812 times
I'm going to kit my C63 out with the black/red stitching version to match my red interior, including boot liner for the dog.

They aren't cheap but they are a perfect fit and a real lift to an interior, right up your street. :wink:
C63 AMG Estate 6208cc

kis
Lifer
Lifer

The mat daddy?

Post by kis » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:03 pm

I think I agree! :thumbsup:
My E85 Z4 3.0i SMG

BMW Family History (past and present):
1 Series - E87
3 Series - E46 Coupe, E46 M3, E90 (x3)
4 Series - F36, F82 M4
5 Series - E34 (x2), E39
7 Series - E32
X5 - E53, E70
X6 - E71

thanatu55

The mat daddy?

Post by thanatu55 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:00 pm

Steve84N wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:40 pm I'd have told you to get these: http://www.manicci.com/shop/
Already tried them right at the begining. Different brand but same thing, I tried to convince myself they were the bee's knees for a while but in the end I had to concede they just didn't work and ripped them out. I've been searching (and failing) for the perfect mat ever since.

They were intended for LHD as they're produced in a LHD country so the RHD version although said to be a perfect fit just was't. They collect and show up dirt like hell as it all sits on top of the leather and really spoils the illusion, though they are easier to wipe clean than carpet. The leather wasn't of great quality but they looked ok-ish. They look much better in photos than they do in person. I liked the fact that they covered the sidewall's but where the clips and edging of the mat meet the interior trim they look a bit cheap, I tucked them under the center console which looked a little better but only solved the issue in the center console area.

They're now in the garage and I didn't think to sell them because I didn't think anyone would want them. There are a few threads on here already criticising them. It's possible the Manicci ones are better quality but not to a degree that I'd consider getting them again.

I'd be interested to hear your opinion when you get them though as you might have a completely different opinion to mine.

thanatu55

The mat daddy?

Post by thanatu55 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:56 pm

Ok I've just paid another visit to their website and I've definitely been done. Compare mine:

To the example on their website:

Do they match up or is the angle with which their photo has been taken deliberately misleading?

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

The mat daddy?

Post by ben g » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:05 pm

Looks the same to me. You're comparing photos taken from 2 different angles.
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

maxman

The mat daddy?

Post by maxman » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:10 pm

Have you the option of returning them,as others have said they look ok but overpriced .I use rubber oem ones all year round,the velour ones have been stored for the last eight years.

thanatu55

The mat daddy?

Post by thanatu55 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:19 pm

ben g wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:05 pm Looks the same to me. You're comparing photos taken from 2 different angles.
Yeah I'm clutching at straws for a reason to complain, but I'd say the angle of their photo purposely makes the mats look much thicker than they are. The colour is miles off too. Anyway, I think the conclusion to this saga is that I'm thoroughly unimpressed and I wouldn't recommend anyone to shop at CarMats2u.

maxman wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:10 pm Have you the option of returning them,as others have said they look ok but overpriced .I use rubber oem ones all year round,the velour ones have been stored for the last eight years.
I'm sure I read somewhere that they are non refundable because they are custom made and something to do with the pile but I'm going to give it a go. If I'd paid £60 like my previous mats I'd think they were great, but at double that I feel robbed.

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

The mat daddy?

Post by RickRob » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:17 pm

Their stated returns policy only references "customised logos" as an exclusion.

As a previous post stated you have a legal right to return them. You're clearly not happy with them, so send them back!
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

The mat daddy?

Post by ben g » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:25 pm

They're taking the absolute (you know what) out of you if you got the grey ones. They clearly aren't tje same grey as their website images show, so you're more than within your rights to return as they are not as described.
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

thanatu55

The mat daddy?

Post by thanatu55 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:06 pm

Yep I went for the grey, they're not even close to the one on their website. They can't use the old "colours differ on your computer screen" excuse either. I've emailed them twice today with no reply, they were quick to reply when I enquired about ordering though. Funny that.