Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

The mat daddy?

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
salb

The mat daddy?

Post by salb » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:50 pm

Well Well, i looked for some since i bought my car 4 months ago, but in the end they looked like they had no wear, so i stuck mine in the

washing machine and they came out the colour they should be black and not black with a brown tinge, i am really really happy with the

result.

sal
PROUD OWNER OF .......

BMW Z4 MSPORT:
LANDROVER DISCOVERY OVERFINCH:

markalp

The mat daddy?

Post by markalp » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:30 pm

thanatu55 wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:21 pm Are these the thickest mats you've ever seen?

For the record, I'm not gloating. I'm actually a bit disappointed, so I wanted to gather some more opinions. I went for the 'Platinum' range of mats from CarMats2U.co.uk at a stonking £120. They claim to have 'Europe's highest pile', so I'm thinking luxurious soft shaggy carpets. They're actually firm decent mats, but a far cry from my fanciful imagination.

I began to write an email questioning whether they had sent the right mats, but alas I'm wondering if I had just set my expectations too high. What do others think? Are these Europe's finest £120 mats, or have I just been had for an overpriced set of average mats?

You purchased over the internet so legally you have 14 days to change your mind and return no questions asked.

I'd say return and get these to make you a nice sheepskin set.
http://www.carcarpets.co.uk/sheepskin-188-c.asp
Alpina Roadster S LUX #030

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

The mat daddy?

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:36 pm

markalp wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:30 pm I'd say return and get these to make you a nice sheepskin set.
If only they did those in beige for an E85 - they'd look great with firebobby's wood. :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

markalp

The mat daddy?

Post by markalp » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:52 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:36 pm
markalp wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:30 pm I'd say return and get these to make you a nice sheepskin set.
If only they did those in beige for an E85 - they'd look great with firebobby's wood. :lol:
I'm sure if you supplied them with a template they would accomodate you :D

markalp

The mat daddy?

Post by markalp » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:56 pm

If you have a template and don't mind paying a little more you can use these guys, they also do custom embroidery on the carpets, I was considering getting some with the blue green squares plus the Alpina logo when my current ones get shabby looking.

http://www.kustomsport.co.uk/

thanatu55

The mat daddy?

Post by thanatu55 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:19 am

Well, you know what... Despite being thoroughly underwhelmed at first, having searched the internet high and low for deep pile mats I can't actually find anything better, bar going for lambswool in which case you're looking at going above the £350 mark and even I ain't going that far. There's a surprisingly scarce variety of mega deep pile mats out there, so I think I might end up keeping them, although I feel like sending them back entirely on principle based on their awful customer service.

As I have some carbon fiber pedals on the way to replace the sport ones that are in, and finally having found a decent footrest to go with I'll be adding a carbon fiber heel plate into the mix to liven up the driver's mat and then I think I'll finally be happy :D

Phoenixboy

The mat daddy?

Post by Phoenixboy » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:57 am

thanatu55 wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:19 am Well, you know what... Despite being thoroughly underwhelmed at first, having searched the internet high and low for deep pile mats I can't actually find anything better, bar going for lambswool in which case you're looking at going above the £350 mark and even I ain't going that far. There's a surprisingly scarce variety of mega deep pile mats out there, so I think I might end up keeping them, although I feel like sending them back entirely on principle based on their awful customer service.

As I have some carbon fiber pedals on the way to replace the sport ones that are in, and finally having found a decent footrest to go with I'll be adding a carbon fiber heel plate into the mix to liven up the driver's mat and then I think I'll finally be happy :D
so 25 quid and I,ll take a chance on them is a no go then :lol:
E89 s drive 30i manual/gone
space grey
Carbon interior trim
19" Veeman FS 25`s
cruise control
m sport seats
stubby
led halo bulbs
z4 forum sticker, for added power.
OEM wind deflector
Gone, E85 Ruby Black.

thanatu55

The mat daddy?

Post by thanatu55 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:16 am

Phoenixboy wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:57 am
thanatu55 wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:19 am Well, you know what... Despite being thoroughly underwhelmed at first, having searched the internet high and low for deep pile mats I can't actually find anything better, bar going for lambswool in which case you're looking at going above the £350 mark and even I ain't going that far. There's a surprisingly scarce variety of mega deep pile mats out there, so I think I might end up keeping them, although I feel like sending them back entirely on principle based on their awful customer service.

Haha... Unfortunately not this time :wink:

Phoenixboy

The mat daddy?

Post by Phoenixboy » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:18 am

thanatu55 wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:16 am
Phoenixboy wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:57 am

Haha... Unfortunately not this time :wink:
they look ok.
not sure if there worth 120 but time will tell.
E89 s drive 30i manual/gone
space grey
Carbon interior trim
19" Veeman FS 25`s
cruise control
m sport seats
stubby
led halo bulbs
z4 forum sticker, for added power.
OEM wind deflector
Gone, E85 Ruby Black.