Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

to hell einbach

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Davz

to hell einbach

Post by Davz » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:37 am

I picked up my Zed last year and specifically chose an SE after having my spine assaulted in a 2.0 sport. However the other day I spotted a zed in a carpark and it was obviously lowered and looked rather mean, which got me wanting. I have read on the forum that einbach are the favoured lowering springs but have read conflicting reports about comfort.

Question is, is it a sensible option for a daily driver (36 miles a day....fast country A roads) I don't mind a bit more firmness but I would like to not have to visit hospital to have my spine sorted every few weeks!

Has anybody tried the Weitec springs which only drop by 25mm as opposed to 30mm of the eibach?
2006 2.5 Monaco blue, orange footwell lights, Blue boot lights, 20/15mm wheel spacers, Buckley06 gear knob, Aux, MV2's, M pedals, Eibachs, Bilstein B4's, Whiteline front ARB. H&R rear ARB. Roof motor relocated, Alpine speakers, Xenons.

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

to hell einbach

Post by MACK » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:57 am

Davz wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:37 amI picked up my Zed last year and specifically chose an SE after having my spine assaulted in a 2.0 sport. However the other day I spotted a zed in a carpark and it was obviously lowered and looked rather mean, which got me wanting. I have read on the forum that einbach are the favoured lowering springs but have read conflicting reports about comfort.

Question is, is it a sensible option for a daily driver (36 miles a day....fast country A roads) I don't mind a bit more firmness but I would like to not have to visit hospital to have my spine sorted every few weeks!

Has anybody tried the Weitec springs which only drop by 25mm as opposed to 30mm of the eibach?
Davz wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:37 amI picked up my Zed last year and specifically chose an SE after having my spine assaulted in a 2.0 sport. However the other day I spotted a zed in a carpark and it was obviously lowered and looked rather mean, which got me wanting. I have read on the forum that einbach are the favoured lowering springs but have read conflicting reports about comfort.

Never tried them but I would recommend whatever spring you go for you change the shocks at the same time. The originals are more than likely knackered they always are on these cars. Did mine recently with a move from m sport to Eibach springs and comfort has definetly improved.
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

to hell einbach

Post by jamie_z4 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:23 am

Can't imagine there being much difference in comfort or compliance between the eibach and weitec. I had h&r springs which are 35mm and noticed no difference to Sean's z4 coupe on eibachs (z4 pilot) when we had pretty much identical cars
18 Z4s owned to date.

Current: 2.5i Titan silver

Daily driver: 480bhp M140i Shadow edition.

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

to hell einbach

Post by MrPT » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:41 am

Do you have runflats tyres? If so, ditch them before experimenting with suspension as you’ll see far bigger gains in comfort/handling.
2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone

ph001
Lifer
Lifer

to hell einbach

Post by ph001 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:48 am

Also, what size wheels are you running? Dropping an inch and having more tyre profile makes a BIG difference.
2007 E85 Z4 3.0Si manual :driving:
19" CSL's | Eibach Springs | Aeroskirts | Z4M front bumper | Clear brake light | ZHP | RCH+| Stubby

2004 E46 M3 coupe manual - gone but not forgotten.

Davz

to hell einbach

Post by Davz » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:01 pm

Currently running mv2's at 18" with Falken non-runflats, don't really want to drop to 17" as 18" look about the right size for the body.

Think i'm going to give it a go, zed has only done 45k so I don't think I'll need to change the shocks, only just mot'd and sailed through with no advisaries.

Will swap the rears myself, quick job but don't fancy doing the fronts in this freezing cold weather, what do you reckon would be a price for an indy to do the fronts?
2006 2.5 Monaco blue, orange footwell lights, Blue boot lights, 20/15mm wheel spacers, Buckley06 gear knob, Aux, MV2's, M pedals, Eibachs, Bilstein B4's, Whiteline front ARB. H&R rear ARB. Roof motor relocated, Alpine speakers, Xenons.

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

to hell einbach

Post by craig3.2 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:02 am

Eibachs are good springs,no real issues with breaking like the m sport springs that were originally on my previous 3.0.
Found the eibachs were actually better feeling all round/comfort and handling wise :thumbsup:
Interlagos Blue M RDSTR,2008. Logic7 dsp Hifi;satnav,stubby,htd seats,etc,etc.
Black 2005 3.0i NOW SOLD(and missed)

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

to hell einbach

Post by MACK » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:40 am

Davz wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:01 pmCurrently running mv2's at 18" with Falken non-runflats, don't really want to drop to 17" as 18" look about the right size for the body.

Think i'm going to give it a go, zed has only done 45k so I don't think I'll need to change the shocks, only just mot'd and sailed through with no advisaries.

Will swap the rears myself, quick job but don't fancy doing the fronts in this freezing cold weather, what do you reckon would be a price for an indy to do the fronts?
Your into about a couple of hours labour for the front shocks. To be honest the shocks are probably worth replacing as well. I know yours is a lower mileage car but folks on here have take them off at this sort of mileage for them to be knackered. It's not something you can really tell on the car but becomes apparent when removed. Its also worth bearing in mind they are 12 years old now and the sach boge stuff bmw used originally arent know for their longevity.
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

Davz

to hell einbach

Post by Davz » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:50 am

I'll do the rear first and see what the dampers are like, when I had the wheels off to paint hubs and calipers they looked in excellent consition, my car, until this winter, hadn't actually been out in rain since 2011 and only then it got caught in a quick shower!

For anyone else considering eibachs I have found a german supplier that sells them at £125 delivered to the door:-
https://www.cartech-one.co.uk/en