Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Code readers plugged in all the time

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Mike6

Post by Mike6 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:07 pm

Has anyone tried/purchased one of those new American gadgets that you plug into the code reader port and it sends constant info to your mobile about condition of vehicle. The blurb I saw claimed that you dont have to bother reading codes as it translates what is going on in layman terms. Price looked around 50 dollars and it says that cars all over America are running them and saving shed loads of cash as mechanics can no longer con you into replacing multiple parts.

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:49 pm

Mike6 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:07 pmHas anyone tried/purchased one of those new American gadgets that you plug into the code reader port and it sends constant info to your mobile about condition of vehicle. The blurb I saw claimed that you dont have to bother reading codes as it translates what is going on in layman terms. Price looked around 50 dollars and it says that cars all over America are running them and saving shed loads of cash as mechanics can no longer con you into replacing multiple parts.
Have you got a link?
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

Mike6

Post by Mike6 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:23 pm

No, it just popped up as an ad when I was reading online news this morning. I cannot even remember the name of the gadget but if it pops up again I will check the link. It seemed a useful thing but it could of course be a con.