Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Good Body Shops

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
barnyg

Good Body Shops

Post by barnyg » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:02 pm

So someone scraped my zed a few days ago...fortunately all very easily sorted, but now i'm left to get quotes from local bodyshops for the repair. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of good bodyshops in the Woking/Guildford area?

Essentially the drivers side corner of the front bumper is scraped to varying depths. However, fortunately it appears that theres no denting, so its looking like either a full respray or just a local spray of the affected area. For a baseline price i got a quick quote from the local BMW dealer (Vines Guildford) and they're after £220 + VAT for a local repair of just the scraped area or £550 + VAT for a full bumper respray.

Would appreciate anything you have to add, i haven't had to deal with something like this before.

Cheers,

Barny
[SOLD] 2006 Z4 3.0si Coupe: Montego Blue, Cirrus Dash, Cruise Control, Nav, 18" CSL Reps, Eibach lowered, MM Tips, ZHP Gearknob, Sport Button mod, GROM BT3

Monkeydonkeyratmagic

Good Body Shops

Post by Monkeydonkeyratmagic » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:46 am

My dad used to work at moto marque in Chertsey. The guys there all do top jobs. Not too far away.
MR-2 Turbo Rev2

Yep no Z yet. On the hunt.

Thierry

Good Body Shops

Post by Thierry » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:26 am

I've just had my front bumper repaired following a car park scrape and also had some lacquer coming away.

£250+VAT for a full bumper off repair and respray. Chipsaway wanted £180+VAT for a patch repair.

Went for the full bumper and am very pleased, looks like new. This is the garage, not quite on your doorstep but easy to get a train to/from Guildford.

http://www.redhillvehicles.com

Iggy

Good Body Shops

Post by Iggy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:26 am

I would highly recommend Wheels Approved (http://wheelsapproved.co.uk/) who I've used a couple of weeks ago - they are based in Byfleet. I've had someone touch and crack the front bumper whilst the car was parked. It needed a plastic weld and full respray which was done for a very reasonable price (half the price of Vines in Guildford) and the quality of the work was brilliant - looks like a brand new, factory-sprayed panel. Vines outsource some of their body work and wheel repairs to these guys which says it all really. Infuriatingly, a week later someone scraped the front bumper and the rear bumper :cry: which means it's going back to the Wheels Approved guys again next week. I was quoted a very reasonable price for the job - maybe because they took pity on me as it was scratched so soon!

Here's the end result:
Z4 coupe front bumper.jpg
Z4 coupe front bumper.jpg (134.83 KiB) Viewed 864 times
Had the wheels repaired and sprayed in light shadow chrome too and am very pleased with them
Z4 coupe CSLs in light shadow chrome.jpg
Z4 coupe CSLs in light shadow chrome.jpg (261.1 KiB) Viewed 864 times
And here's a photo of the current front bumper scratch
Z4 coupe font bumper scrape.jpg
Z4 coupe font bumper scrape.jpg (107.98 KiB) Viewed 864 times
zedless

Past
'06 Z4 3.0si Sport Coupe - Silbergrau
'06 Z4MC - Silbergrau & Imola Leather

barnyg

Good Body Shops

Post by barnyg » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:38 am

Cheers for the replies, will be chasing up some quotes today. Iggy, will definitely consider them, convenient in byfleet too. What price were they charging for wheel refurb? I've got a slightly curved front drivers side rim and all of the rims in general could do with a refurb due to brake dust build up.
[SOLD] 2006 Z4 3.0si Coupe: Montego Blue, Cirrus Dash, Cruise Control, Nav, 18" CSL Reps, Eibach lowered, MM Tips, ZHP Gearknob, Sport Button mod, GROM BT3

Iggy

Good Body Shops

Post by Iggy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:12 pm

barnyg wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:38 amCheers for the replies, will be chasing up some quotes today. Iggy, will definitely consider them, convenient in byfleet too. What price were they charging for wheel refurb? I've got a slightly curved front drivers side rim and all of the rims in general could do with a refurb due to brake dust build up.
Hey! Sorry for not replying. I've been away for a while. Just in case you haven't already made your choice - I believe the quote was for £90 per wheel for a refurb and standard finish, and £120 for the shadow chrome as it's a lot more work.
zedless

Past

barnyg

Good Body Shops

Post by barnyg » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:13 am

Iggy wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:12 pm Hey! Sorry for not replying. I've been away for a while. Just in case you haven't already made your choice - I believe the quote was for £90 per wheel for a refurb and standard finish, and £120 for the shadow chrome as it's a lot more work.
No problem, i booked in with them and the cars going in next week for a full front bumper respray. Had a good chat over the phone and mentioned your car, sounds like they know their stuff.

Iggy

Good Body Shops

Post by Iggy » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:49 pm

barnyg wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:13 am
Iggy wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:12 pm Hey! Sorry for not replying. I've been away for a while. Just in case you haven't already made your choice - I believe the quote was for £90 per wheel for a refurb and standard finish, and £120 for the shadow chrome as it's a lot more work.
No problem, i booked in with them and the cars going in next week for a full front bumper respray. Had a good chat over the phone and mentioned your car, sounds like they know their stuff.
Oh cool! I'm sure they'll do a great job.

Mine's just been there a second time to fix the scuff above. Hopefully won't be back for a while!
zedless

Past

BradleyB

Good Body Shops

Post by BradleyB » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:35 pm

Hi Barny.
Did you get the repair done in the end? I watched someone reverse into my M today so would be interested to know what you thought of the byfleet garage?
'56 ///MR

barnyg

Good Body Shops

Post by barnyg » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:49 pm

BradleyB wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:35 pm Hi Barny.
Did you get the repair done in the end? I watched someone reverse into my M today so would be interested to know what you thought of the byfleet garage?
Hi Bradley, sorry to hear that mate it's so infuriating! The guys at wheels approved did a great job, found more that they'd bargained for elsewhere on the bumper and made sure to fix those issues too at no additional cost. Also got a great colour match. I would say that they're probably not the cheapest place but i was going through insurance so it didn't really matter as much to me. Hope you get it sorted.