Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Coilover Install Help

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
dans6490

Coilover Install Help

Post by dans6490 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:45 pm

I've just bought some Stance+ coilovers as I want to go lower and replace the shocks without breaking the bank!

I want to install them myself after watching a few how-to guides on youtube.

My only issue (so far) is the torque settings for all the nuts and bolts after install.

Is there a guide or reference anywhere?? I've looked online and searched here but not found anything.

VRSteve

Coilover Install Help

Post by VRSteve » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:30 pm

dans6490 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:45 pm I've just bought some Stance+ coilovers as I want to go lower and replace the shocks without breaking the bank!

My only issue (so far) is the torque settings for all the nuts and bolts after install.

Is there a guide or reference anywhere?? I've looked online and searched here but not found anything.
I replaced most of my suspension last year, there is a thread about it in the M section and I think I listed all the torque settings on the first post......https://z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=92153
///M|Silver Grey|Black Leather|BT|Nav|DSP|Heated Seats|PDC|Stubby|Turner Limiters|Turner Rear Top Mounts|Bilstein B12|Powerflex ARB Bushes|Powerflex Lollipops|M-Track|
SOLD

dans6490

Coilover Install Help

Post by dans6490 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:30 pm

VRSteve wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:30 pm
dans6490 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:45 pm I've just bought some Stance+ coilovers as I want to go lower and replace the shocks without breaking the bank!

I replaced most of my suspension last year, there is a thread about it in the M section and I think I listed all the torque settings on the first post......https://z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=92153
That great, thanks. I dont suppose you know the torque setting for swapping the top mount to the coilover? Your post suggests 35nm?

VRSteve

Coilover Install Help

Post by VRSteve » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:19 pm

dans6490 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:30 pm
VRSteve wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:30 pm

That great, thanks. I dont suppose you know the torque setting for swapping the top mount to the coilover? Your post suggests 35nm?
35nm is top mount to car
top mount to shock is 64nm according to TIS
///M|Silver Grey|Black Leather|BT|Nav|DSP|Heated Seats|PDC|Stubby|Turner Limiters|Turner Rear Top Mounts|Bilstein B12|Powerflex ARB Bushes|Powerflex Lollipops|M-Track|
SOLD