Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Testing the water, she is going up for sale. What do you lot think?

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Roundozo

Post by Roundozo » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:01 pm

Hi All,

Now before you all worry that I’m leaving you lot, please don’t. I plan on coming back to the fold with a Z4MC at the end of 2018 (p.s if any of you are thinking of selling up around that time keep me posted).

In the meantime however it looks like my pride and joy will be up for sale in the coming months :(

I’m about to buy a workhorse E61 530d and the zed won’t be used for a year and I don’t currently have a garage. I don’t want her sat outside not being used during this time so I’m planning on selling up. I’m thinking of asking around 7k, what do you guys think? Rough details are below but I’d like to hear your thoughts. Is this a fair price taking into account the work done on the car over my ownership offset against its negatives?

2006 Z4 Coupe SI
102k (used daily atm so will go up)
Part service history (I have maintained the car myself as well, including oil changes etc and have millions of receipts) and I’ll also post this in the official advert.

What I have done to the car during my ownership

Drove it lots

Handbrake shoes replaced
HID kit installed
Bilstein B12 kit fitted
Front and rear anti roll bar bushes replaced with Superpro bushes
Front and rear drop links replaced, Meyle HD
RTAB replaced
All four top mounts replaced
Upgraded Meyle HD wishbones fitted
Polly bushed front control arms
De-badged
Aux kit installed

Stubby
Ram air scoop
Black kidney grills
Clutch and DMF replaced
CDV delete
Prop shaft doughnut replaced
Gearbox mounts replaced
Gearbox oil changed
Diff oil changed
Style 32 lightweight alloys

New boot (BMW corrosion warranty)
Drilled and Grooved Disks all round
New pads
Copper painted callipers
Headlight washers replaced
LED sidelights

Bad points;
Slight rust coming through on the rear arches where it joins the rear bumper
Rear bumper has a scape on it on the lower near side corner just behind the wheel
Slight oil seeping through the gasket between the oil filter and oil cooler housing
Paintwork isn’t great under close inspection and could do with a machine polish to fix swirl marks.
Chip in windscreen
IMG_20170705_203526.jpg
IMG_20170705_203526.jpg (398.27 KiB) Viewed 850 times
Last edited by Roundozo on Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Past - Z4 Coupe, gone but not forgotten
Present - 530d M sport touring

hopz121
Lifer
Lifer

Post by hopz121 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:03 pm

Sounds very cheap at £7000 if you ask me!
2004 BMW E46 M3 Coupe - Manual - Silver Grey
2017 BMW F31 318d M-Sport - Auto - Glacier Silver
2007 Porsche Cayman 2.7 - Manual - Arctic Silver
2003 Renault Clio 172 Cup - Blue
2003 BMW E85 Z4 3.0i - Gone
2008 BMW E90 330i SE - Gone

Roundozo

Post by Roundozo » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:11 pm

I did say around :P

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:20 pm

I think the 4 bad points you list knock £2k off the car. Spend less than £500-£800 to fix the lot and get the real value of the car

Respray bumper and fix the rust in one bodyshop trip for £500
windscreen is covered under insurance - £70 excess
Oil leak is likely a quick garage fix say £100-£200
Quick polish and detail one weekend and done - Free
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Marlon » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:26 pm

7K seems like fair starting price given the mileage and other issues, but be prepared to drop unless you can sort out the bad points (particularly the rust). Pity you have to sell, but sounds like you'll come back in style :wink:
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

Roundozo

Post by Roundozo » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:26 pm

I'd say 2k is a bit high but that is also why I'm thinking of listing at around 7k so the next owner can address them. She's still cheaper than most on the market considering the work it's had on it.

Roundozo

Post by Roundozo » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:28 pm

Marlon wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:26 pm7K seems like fair starting price given the mileage and other issues, but be prepared to drop unless you can sort out the bad points (particularly the rust). Pity you have to sell, but sounds like you'll come back in style :wink:
Happy to move around for the right buyer.

2018 is going to be a long year. Once the garage is built I'm looking for a low mileage (around 40k) concourse M. Can't wait! :wub:

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:46 pm

Roundozo wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:26 pmI'd say 2k is a bit high but that is also why I'm thinking of listing at around 7k so the next owner can address them. She's still cheaper than most on the market considering the work it's had on it.
Might be at £9k, but I’m my experience people will see mileage, rust, leak, damage and diy service and walk away or nail you on price
The fixes are cheap enough and easy
It s why you prefer and have time to do/ fix it or move it on at lower price
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

Chris1981

Post by Chris1981 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:49 pm

hopz121 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:03 pmSounds very cheap at £7000 if you ask me!
I agree... £7k is more like what you'd pay for a 140k car! You also have some essential mods done there which may help value to the right buyer?

Selling at a low price may actually put people off as they expect the car to be inferior to the more expensive ones which isn't always the case!

But that said... if you're desperate to sell then £7k would certainly help shift it, but I'd be very firm on the price as you may well get people trying to exploit your eagerness to sell!

Good luck with the sale and hope you find the Z4MC you're after when the time comes! :thumbsup:
E86 Coupe 3.0si Sport - Montego Blue, Pearl Grey with Piano Black dash
BC BR series Coilovers, powerflex bushes, 15mm spacers, Custom SS exhaust, CDV delete

Chris1981

Post by Chris1981 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:57 pm

The oil leak is an easy enough fix... did the same job myself, only £25 for the gasket from sytner!
E86 Coupe 3.0si Sport - Montego Blue, Pearl Grey with Piano Black dash
BC BR series Coilovers, powerflex bushes, 15mm spacers, Custom SS exhaust, CDV delete

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:02 pm

2 pretty "mint" forum Si Sport coupes 84k + 94k have had no luck selling at £8k over last 3 months.
As already mentioned either get the car 100% ready or I doubt you will see £6250
Last edited by mr wilks on Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

rally-chris

Post by rally-chris » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:03 pm

I'd agree with the above, £7k with some declared issues might sell it quickly to a knowledgeable enthusiast but could put off a lot of people from coming to look at it if they are expecting to pay £8-9k for an 'average' condition 90-100k car.

That said, based on my experience of looking at <100K Coupes over the summer before buying mine, I would say that all of the Z4Cs offered by traders in the sub £10k price range have some sort of undeclared cosmetic issue when you turn up to look at the car, be that paintwork damage, wrecked alloys, corroded fog lamps, or clear mechanical defects etc so you may be worrying unduly.

Chris
08 Z4 3.0si Sport Coupe in Montego Blue

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ben g » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:24 pm

The oil filter housing gasket is an hour job max. For the sake of a few quid, it's well worth getting sorted as a buyer will knock a few hundred quid off for an oil leak, or may even walk away if they aren't aware it's a simple fix.

I'd also look at getting a smart repair done on the rear bumper if you don't want to go down the respray route. I had a localised repair done on a front bumper on a previous car and it cost £75.

Bit of polish and wax can do wonders for the paintwork, costs nothing except a day of manual labour on your part :poke: :lol:

Other than that, looks a great buy for someone.

I have a Z4 with 122k on and i was scared of high mileage cars before. Now i know they're fine, as long as you maintain the other bits that fail such as bushes and suspension, which you have :thumbsup:
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

Monkeydonkeyratmagic

Post by Monkeydonkeyratmagic » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:52 pm

New clutch and fly is appealing though. Saves someone £800 minimum. It's worth a punt at that price imo. Although I'd bodge up the oil leak. Take 1hr and costs £40 for the gasket. Paintwork just cake it in turtle wax and hide it as best as you can, literally a good thick layer and when a buyer comes along spray the hose on it for nice beading.. that'll impress and detract from actual condition.
MR-2 Turbo Rev2

Yep no Z yet. On the hunt.

Roundozo

Post by Roundozo » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:11 pm

Monkeydonkeyratmagic wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:52 pmNew clutch and fly is appealing though. Saves someone £800 minimum. It's worth a punt at that price imo. Although I'd bodge up the oil leak. Take 1hr and costs £40 for the gasket. Paintwork just cake it in turtle wax and hide it as best as you can, literally a good thick layer and when a buyer comes along spray the hose on it for nice beading.. that'll impress and detract from actual condition.
I appreciate the advice however I never like to deceive buyers. Oil gasket I think I'll just change as it is simple, I'm just being lazy.

I'll detail the car before sale and will have a think about the rust.