Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Roof again

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Wafoo

Roof again

Post by Wafoo » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:59 am

Finally got the roof off to look at the motor which hasn't worked in a while, after getting it out it was a rust covered lump of metal, but with a clean up and a good hefty 12v on it it burst into life!
However the hydraulic side of things are a different matter, one of the piston connections has rusted right through and the others not much better, so the question is how do you go about replacing that or is it a while new hydraulic unit?

Cheers
Merlot 2.2i SE, so far new discs and pads, seats replaced, Cam cover replaced, Roof now fixed, new diff x3, new halfshafts, new drop links and other bouncy bits,

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Roof again

Post by markplant » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:38 am

If you contact ducklakeview on here he'll be able to tell you what can be replaced an if your near st Helens would be able to sort it
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Roof again

Post by Ducklakeview » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:34 pm

I've replied in your other post - I have stock of the replacement HEL made stainless braided hoses. These have been made with stainless fittings on both ends. I'm presuming that the leaking one is the lower one on the drivers side? That is usually the first to go.

My prices are actually cheaper than the £54.95+£5 p&p that HEL charge online...

Mike