Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

The Mrs thinks I'm nuts!! POLL

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift

Who is right?

Off your rocker mate!
14%
Has to be done.
86%

Total votes: 58

idej_z4

Post by idej_z4 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:15 pm

buzyg wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:22 pm Zed has to be clean at the start of any road trip. Even if it's raining I clean mine before a trip. :D :thumbsup:

Hope it's a good one. MrsG and I are driving around South Wales this week. In the Brekons a few days back. In Tenby the past few nights. Alas the Zed is in the garrge at home until I can get the exhaust fixed. The Mx5 is in getting a wayward alarm sorted. So we are in my little daily shed. Loving the driving all the same. Which just proves it's more about the roads and an enjoyment of driving than the car. :D :driving: :wink:
So long as the roof is down all that matters is the roads, surroundings and buzz. Enjoy your trip. The black mountain pass is a cracking route. :thumbsup:

idej_z4

Post by idej_z4 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:16 pm

PerryGunn wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:21 am Guilty as charged m'lud... :oops:

When we're away, I take a collapsible bucket, supply of MF cloths and some ONR to get rid of the grime.
Collapsible bucket!!! Why have I not heard of this before, thanks for the tip. :thumbsup:

idej_z4

Post by idej_z4 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:17 pm

Old-Duckman wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:04 am Agree, has to be done. It is such an easy vehicle to clean anyway, why not do it.

I have often said, my house may be a mess but I have to invite you over for you to see that mess. But, my car, on the other hand, is seen by anyone I pass by and I want it to represent me and leave a good impression...Even if under the surface I’m, well...not so neat and clean.
My cupboards and drawers are same, OCD on what I can see, the rest, forget about it. :D

lucasxdiniz

Post by lucasxdiniz » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:44 pm

Good man! The week before setting off on a road trip around Brecons and Snowdonia, I fully detailed my car including wheel arch liners. To top it off, I packed my wash mits, wheel brush, etc., to wash my car somewhere in Wales if the weather played ball.

1st day was forecast to rain, and rain it did! 2nd day onwards, no rain, so we washed our cars.

Clean cars, great scenery, (+photographer friend) = great pics.

I hope you enjoy the road trip as much as I did.
Z4MC: Interlagos Blue | Individual Champagne
Z4C: Montego Blue | Individual Champagne | LSD
Z4 2.5i: Midnight Blue | Beige Interior

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:12 pm

I asked Kathleen and she said it has to be done, as I’d do the same, but……… we’re also off our rockers 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

idej_z4

Post by idej_z4 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:22 pm

lucasxdiniz wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:44 pm Good man! The week before setting off on a road trip around Brecons and Snowdonia, I fully detailed my car including wheel arch liners. To top it off, I packed my wash mits, wheel brush, etc., to wash my car somewhere in Wales if the weather played ball.

1st day was forecast to rain, and rain it did! 2nd day onwards, no rain, so we washed our cars.

Clean cars, great scenery, (+photographer friend) = great pics.

I hope you enjoy the road trip as much as I did.
    I know Snowdonia well as I only live 40mins from there. In fact, I almost have the exact same picture as your 5th one! Cracking roads around there...i could lose a week just driving them all. Hope you had a good time!

idej_z4

Post by idej_z4 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:23 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:12 pm I asked Kathleen and she said it has to be done, as I’d do the same, but……… we’re also off our rockers 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️
    Good to know I won't be the only one giving the car a freshen up on Sunday morning in Dumfries. :wink:

Argyll Andy
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:35 am

idej_z4 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:23 pm
    Argyll Andy wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:12 pm I asked Kathleen and she said it has to be done, as I’d do the same, but……… we’re also off our rockers 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️
    Good to know I won't be the only one giving the car a freshen up on Sunday morning in Dumfries. :wink:
    Don’t know if Kathleen will be fresh enough on the Sunday morning to clean the car :wink: :lol:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
      G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
      E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
      E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

idej_z4

Post by idej_z4 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:42 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:35 am
      idej_z4 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:23 pm
      Don’t know if Kathleen will be fresh enough on the Sunday morning to clean the car :wink: :lol:
      Well maybe not both, but at least mine. :D