Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Rear Camber

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Kap'nZ4

Rear Camber

Post by Kap'nZ4 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:27 am

So recently I had new tires put on. One thing I always do after new is have four wheel alignment done.
Of course, none of my indy guys will do all wheel as "Only BMW can do it right, sand bag, weight, yadda yadda."

So I schedule an appointment, which sucks as drop off pick up at their time and leisure... Get billed for the 140 and told there ya go....

Get home and look at the billing and see,....

"Camber could not be brought in as car is lowered."

Uh.....WTF? There's 4" of clearance from the tire to the rear wheel arch.

What would you say to them?
God saw me fit enough to drive it. It's my responsibility to drive it the way its meant to be drove. (All Roads Open.) Mods and fixes are mounting and I don't care, as it will be drove come hell or high water. :D

Ed Doe

Rear Camber

Post by Ed Doe » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:44 am

Due to the nature of the rear suspension on the z4, as you lower it you increase the camber. There is some adjustment via an eccentric fixing on the rear lower arms, but it's not much. So it's entirely possible your car couldn't be brought within oe spec if it is lowered.
Carbon Black '07 M Coupe: Intrax 1k2 Coilovers, AP-Racing, Raybestos ST45s, Tillets, Schroth, Vibratechnic, Apex EC7, Strongstrut, Eventuri, H&S, RTD, 4.1FD :evil:
Silver Grey '06 3.0si Coupe - SOLD :(

Aaronb76

Rear Camber

Post by Aaronb76 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:16 am

Yes you run out of adjustment without changing to adjustable arms. I'm running -2 degrees at the back due to this.

rsutoratosu

Rear Camber

Post by rsutoratosu » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:30 pm

I been looking at rear lower control arm install for months.. may need to move the diff to get it install.. that will solve issue.

Anyone else replaced theirs ?