Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Tomrdy's Nardo grey 3.0i (Thank you and farewell!)

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
tomrdy

Tomrdy's Nardo grey 3.0i

Post by tomrdy » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:05 am

Kev wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:17 pm Now get some weight off it :rofl:
I'll leave the weight loss regime to you... for now :D
-SOLD- Nardo grey 2004 Z4 3.0i E85
-SOLD- 2016 Long Beach Blue M2 DCT
-Wishing- Z4MC Interlagos blue... :oops:
___
Australia

BMWZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

Tomrdy's Nardo grey 3.0i

Post by BMWZ4MC » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:26 am

tomrdy wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:00 pm
BMWZ4MC wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:02 pm It’s a a shame your day ended early but at least there was no serious damage to your Zed. I’ve not been to Luddenham Raceway but I have been to both Eastern Creek and Wakefield Park a few times.
Hey another Sydney-sider!

I've been to Wakefield a few times (not in the Z). Looking at maybe MDTC Marulan later which looks to be a fun short technical track!

Last I went Wakefield was a few years back so not sure how it is now. I can say Luddenham was pretty well run this time around. GPS timing provided, separate gated (and locked) area for track day attendees away from other patrons at the park for karts/paintball etc. No CAMS or day licence needed.

Only downside is there's no air on sight so bring a pump if you're planning to adjust pressures up/down!

For the day you'd get 4-5 sessions in of 15 min (my mate did 5).
Hey, Neutral Bay, how about you?

I’ve only been to Wakefield for privately run days where we’ve booked the track for the day for our group only, so I’m not sure how well organised or safe the official track days are there. It’s a track that favours outright power much less than somewhere like Eastern Creek, which gives me some chance against the other guys in their 991 GT3s, C63Ss and an SLS Black! The tarmac is in reasonable condition except for the braking area into the hairpin before the start-finish straight where it’s a bit bumpy. One guy stuck his 488 in the gravel trap at the first corner when his brakes failed and he stopped only centimetres from the wall, but generally the run off areas are good for much of the lap. The down side is it’s a bit of a slog from Sydney, so we usually go down the night before.

I’ve not been to Luddenham, I’ll have to look into it. It looks a fun layout and it’s much closer to home!

Marulan looks great - I prefer short technical tracks that really test your lines, where brute power offers little advantage. From google maps:
8AFC08FA-CD20-4DFB-B929-F5039A3EAF9A.jpeg
8AFC08FA-CD20-4DFB-B929-F5039A3EAF9A.jpeg (282.74 KiB) Viewed 750 times
Z4MC - heavily fettled for track use
Lotus Exige - sensible daily driver on the mods slippery slope
Westfield SEiW - in hibernation
Modified RS4 Avant - back in Blighty
S2000 GT - gone

tomrdy

Tomrdy's Nardo grey 3.0i

Post by tomrdy » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:27 pm

BMWZ4MC wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:26 am
Hey, Neutral Bay, how about you?

I’ve only been to Wakefield for privately run days where we’ve booked the track for the day for our group only, so I’m not sure how well organised or safe the official track days are there. It’s a track that favours outright power much less than somewhere like Eastern Creek, which gives me some chance against the other guys in their 991 GT3s, C63Ss and an SLS Black! The tarmac is in reasonable condition except for the braking area into the hairpin before the start-finish straight where it’s a bit bumpy. One guy stuck his 488 in the gravel trap at the first corner when his brakes failed and he stopped only centimetres from the wall, but generally the run off areas are good for much of the lap. The down side is it’s a bit of a slog from Sydney, so we usually go down the night before.

I’ve not been to Luddenham, I’ll have to look into it. It looks a fun layout and it’s much closer to home!
I'm out Northwest in the Hills area. Luddenham is much closer to get to from where I'm at - under an hour - so I think it's a pretty good place for me.

Marulan looks fun though turn 1 after the straight is straight into a concrete barrier I believe.. albeit with a load of run off!
___
Australia

BMWZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

Tomrdy's Nardo grey 3.0i

Post by BMWZ4MC » Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:11 am

tomrdy wrote: I'm out Northwest in the Hills area. Luddenham is much closer to get to from where I'm at - under an hour - so I think it's a pretty good place for me.

Marulan looks fun though turn 1 after the straight is straight into a concrete barrier I believe.. albeit with a load of run off!
That could hurt at 100kph!
Z4MC - heavily fettled for track use
Lotus Exige - sensible daily driver on the mods slippery slope
Westfield SEiW - in hibernation
Modified RS4 Avant - back in Blighty
S2000 GT - gone

tomrdy

Post by tomrdy » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:59 am

Thank you and farewell for now everyone!

The Z was sold over the weekend and the new owner will be picking it up this afternoon.

This car came into my life at a time when I really needed a distraction. I was 25 and diagnosed with some serious medical issues and struggling to deal with it all. One afternoon, my friend gave me the keys to his Miata and said "let's do some roof down driving". Along the drive, he said to me "everyone should have a convertible - at least once in their life.". That message was all i needed and the Z would come into my life not long after that.

It was bought with no history from a questionable seller, but over the last 5 years I have poured so much time, effort and money into making it a good solid car. The decision to sell it on has been one I've toyed with for lord knows how long, but in the end I realised that just as I wanted to experience the convertible sportscar, I should also experience different types of cars too!

Now that I am all better health wise, the Z and I part on good terms. I have loved it and it has been good to me, helping to pull me out of some pretty dark pits during my years fighting illness.

Thank you to everyone on the forum for all the advice over the years. I have learned so much during this time and grown my appreciation for cars as an enthusiast more and more each day.

I'll still be snooping around!
___
Australia

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:05 am

Well it's sad to see you go, so let's hope you do indeed continue with a bit of 'snooping' and maybe get back into a zed again some day?
A great and uplifting story and I'm glad you are now in better health.
Do keep popping in. :thumbsup:
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

bigwinn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by bigwinn » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:12 am

So long fella- been good to watch the work you did- gave me confidence to do stuff on my motor!

Stay well eh?
If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

EWS Delete PM me
Coding- airbags etc PM me

Z4C_er

Post by Z4C_er » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:15 am

Good luck with your new wheels! Thanks for all the input and entertainment. The whole car wrap was quite inspirational!
All the very best.
2006.5 E86 Z4C si SE Phoenix Yellow

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:25 pm

Glad to hear your health’s improved, keep us in the loop with your choice of cars :thumbsup:
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

maxman

Post by maxman » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:29 pm

Good luck with your new car,no doubt you will have another z in the future ,not many leave the forum even when they have sold their z ,so keep looking in.

Big Bad Boris

Post by Big Bad Boris » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:34 pm

Sad the Z has gone. Great to hear you have both moved into better health over the last couple of years.

Do stick around for the banter and let us know what you get into next. Above all stay healthy :thumbsup:

Big Bad Boris

Post by Big Bad Boris » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:36 pm

p.s. meant to say I thoroughly enjoyed your wrap thread, an epic undertaking and an epic read :D

greg81

Post by greg81 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:41 pm

you'll be back. This place is like Hotel California

AveZ4coop

Post by AveZ4coop » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:24 pm

Good luck in the future. Loved the wrap thread too. :thumbsup:
Montego blue 2006 BMW Z4 coupe 3.0si with black interior, ZHP, Whippy, 12mm front/16mm rear spacers on BBS 108's wrapped in Michelin PS4's. :driving:Brand new Pierburg water pump fitted at 101k after failure :cry: (should have done it at 100k) :headbang:

JamieZ4C

Post by JamieZ4C » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:35 pm

Yes, the excellent job you did of wrapping your car and sharing with us was one of the highlights of this forum in recent years. All the best mate :thumbsup: