Project Salvage Auction Rebuild

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Thrustyjust
Member
Member
Posts: 326
Joined: Sat May 11, 2019 10:12 pm

Project Salvage Auction Rebuild

Post by Thrustyjust » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:02 pm

Great news on the marker deletion :thumbsup:
So close now and dont forget to get an alignment done when you get on the road :D
E86 In sapphire black

FunkyGBrown
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:43 pm

Project Salvage Auction Rebuild

Post by FunkyGBrown » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:18 pm

Any news on this? :)

Quijibo Jones
Member
Member
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:44 pm

Project Salvage Auction Rebuild

Post by Quijibo Jones » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:12 pm

I took a video of her driving away tonight for a few last bits that are beyond me and the mot doing. V5 getting processed this week by dvla and I might be in the road by the weekend.

User avatar
paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 6543
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:00 pm
Location: south yorkshire

Project Salvage Auction Rebuild

Post by paddy wright » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:44 pm

Quijibo Jones wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:12 pm
I took a video of her driving away tonight for a few last bits that are beyond me and the mot doing. V5 getting processed this week by dvla and I might be in the road by the weekend.
:sweetheart:
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!

Mr Tidy
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 10138
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:18 pm
Location: Berkshire

Project Salvage Auction Rebuild

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:04 pm

Quijibo Jones wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:12 pm
I took a video of her driving away tonight for a few last bits that are beyond me and the mot doing. V5 getting processed this week by dvla and I might be in the road by the weekend.
Great news. :thumbsup:

I hope you are on the road by the weekend as you've put plenty of time and effort into your Z4!
Z4 3.0Si Sport - Coupe for added stiffness!
Current - Montego Blue, Pearl Grey, Cirrus trim & 295s. Cruise, Storage and pdc. E90 330i as a DD.
Gone - Ruby Black, Pearl Grey & 135Ms. Xenons, heated seats and Professional speakers.

Quijibo Jones
Member
Member
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:44 pm

Project Salvage Auction Rebuild

Post by Quijibo Jones » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:48 pm

SHE’S ALIVE
MOT passed today. Spent a bit more in the garage than we planned but the floor damage needed welding so seats and carpet out. Also needed a new calliper and rear shock but hey ho. Had her out tonight in a thunderstorm. Loved it.
Blimey they mist up a lot.

Weird though, it went in with a working roof and now it won’t work. Could be the downpour, it was very wet. Anyone else experienced this after heavy rain. I made sure the drain holes were clear whilst I had the wheels off.

Quijibo Jones
Member
Member
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:44 pm

Project Salvage Auction Rebuild

Post by Quijibo Jones » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:27 pm

I’ll do a proper write up on this when I get chance. Massive thanks to the forum for all the help with this project. Loving life in the new old zed
Attachments
6AA318BA-C956-4460-B96B-FE08241F3D21.jpeg
6AA318BA-C956-4460-B96B-FE08241F3D21.jpeg (521.64 KiB) Viewed 140 times

User avatar
maxman
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2094
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:34 pm
Location: Wrexham

Project Salvage Auction Rebuild

Post by maxman » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:18 pm

Quijibo Jones wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:48 pm
SHE’S ALIVE
MOT passed today. Spent a bit more in the garage than we planned but the floor damage needed welding so seats and carpet out. Also needed a new calliper and rear shock but hey ho. Had her out tonight in a thunderstorm. Loved it.
Blimey they mist up a lot.

Weird though, it went in with a working roof and now it won’t work. Could be the downpour, it was very wet. Anyone else experienced this after heavy rain. I made sure the drain holes were clear whilst I had the wheels off.
Is the shelf in the boot down
Gone to a new home 2005 3.0I Toledo Blue ,Aeroskirts,Gaptech,Z4M wheels Goodyear F1 ,ZHP,M steering wheel,M front bumper.M Seats

User avatar
paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 6543
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:00 pm
Location: south yorkshire

Project Salvage Auction Rebuild

Post by paddy wright » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:07 am

Quijibo Jones wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:27 pm
I’ll do a proper write up on this when I get chance. Massive thanks to the forum for all the help with this project. Loving life in the new old zed
Beautiful job! Well done. But why the ///M badge??
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!

Quijibo Jones
Member
Member
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:44 pm

Project Salvage Auction Rebuild

Post by Quijibo Jones » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:29 am

paddy wright wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:07 am
Quijibo Jones wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:27 pm
I’ll do a proper write up on this when I get chance. Massive thanks to the forum for all the help with this project. Loving life in the new old zed
Beautiful job! Well done. But why the ///M badge??
10 extra horses 😬
They were in when she arrived. I’ll take them off at some point.

Quijibo Jones
Member
Member
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:44 pm

Project Salvage Auction Rebuild

Post by Quijibo Jones » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:57 am

maxman wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:18 pm
Quijibo Jones wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:48 pm
SHE’S ALIVE
MOT passed today. Spent a bit more in the garage than we planned but the floor damage needed welding so seats and carpet out. Also needed a new calliper and rear shock but hey ho. Had her out tonight in a thunderstorm. Loved it.
Blimey they mist up a lot.

Weird though, it went in with a working roof and now it won’t work. Could be the downpour, it was very wet. Anyone else experienced this after heavy rain. I made sure the drain holes were clear whilst I had the wheels off.
Is the shelf in the boot down
Yeah all sorted. The shelf came off to do the rear shock and didn’t get out back together properly. 10 min job to sort. Now it just needs to stop raining!

Dorin
Member
Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:33 pm

Project Salvage Auction Rebuild

Post by Dorin » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 am

HI,
you have to change the position of the ///M badge,from the back wings to the front wings !
Look strange!
Best regards

User avatar
skelters
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1849
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:18 pm
Location: Greenock, Scotland

Project Salvage Auction Rebuild

Post by skelters » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:04 am

Quijibo Jones wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:48 pm
Blimey they mist up a lot.
Keep the Aircon on as it'll clear the windscreen.

Have you checked the door membranes at any point? Just in case there's some water getting in.
2007 Z4 3.0si Sport. Silver Grey Metallic, Brembo Brakes, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Machine Monkey Exhaust Tips, Stubby, Piano Black trim, Black Leather, Michelin Pilot Sport 4 on MV2's

Huz-z
Member
Member
Posts: 91
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:46 pm

Project Salvage Auction Rebuild

Post by Huz-z » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:27 pm

Quijibo Jones wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:48 pm
SHE’S ALIVE
MOT passed today. Spent a bit more in the garage than we planned but the floor damage needed welding so seats and carpet out. Also needed a new calliper and rear shock but hey ho. Had her out tonight in a thunderstorm. Loved it.
Blimey they mist up a lot.

Weird though, it went in with a working roof and now it won’t work. Could be the downpour, it was very wet. Anyone else experienced this after heavy rain. I made sure the drain holes were clear whilst I had the wheels off.
Yes. either keep the AC on, or I think there is a dedicated defrost button on the dash that is designed to deal with this very effectively. If you engage that, the fan will go to maximum, the AC should turn on, and the windshield and side windows should clear off very thoroughly.
BMW Z4 3.0SI Roadster. Montego Blue, Style 108 rims, power M seats, M Sport Wheel, Zenons, Bluetooth, Premium and Sport Packages

Post Reply