kidney grill

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Online
User avatar
road warrior
Member
Member
Posts: 492
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 2:12 pm
Location: Burton On trent

kidney grill

Post by road warrior » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:15 pm

i have an overwhelming desire to paint my kidney grill black.. how does it come off ?
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing...
2.0 e85 with dlv back box mod in Maldives blue
Sterling grey 3.0 se
post whore = cheap, easily available and up for most things.

Online
User avatar
Phoenixboy
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1056
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:07 pm
Location: english riviera

kidney grill

Post by Phoenixboy » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:18 pm

lift at the top and pull out from the bottom.
E89 s line 30i manual
space grey
19" 296 wheels with goodyears :)
cruise control
m sport seats
stubby
led halo bulbs
z4 forum sticker, for added power.

Online
User avatar
road warrior
Member
Member
Posts: 492
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 2:12 pm
Location: Burton On trent

kidney grill

Post by road warrior » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:20 pm

Phoenixboy wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:18 pm
lift at the top and pull out from the bottom.
you mean it drops out the bottom ? or do you mean lift and pull forwards ? no screws ??
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing...
2.0 e85 with dlv back box mod in Maldives blue
Sterling grey 3.0 se
post whore = cheap, easily available and up for most things.

Online
User avatar
Phoenixboy
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1056
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:07 pm
Location: english riviera

kidney grill

Post by Phoenixboy » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:24 pm

so you put hands in at the top half and lift slightly then pull out at the bottom and the top will come out at the same time.
no screws
E89 s line 30i manual
space grey
19" 296 wheels with goodyears :)
cruise control
m sport seats
stubby
led halo bulbs
z4 forum sticker, for added power.

Online
User avatar
road warrior
Member
Member
Posts: 492
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 2:12 pm
Location: Burton On trent

kidney grill

Post by road warrior » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:31 pm

Phoenixboy wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:24 pm
so you put hands in at the top half and lift slightly then pull out at the bottom and the top will come out at the same time.
no screws
top jolly !
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing...
2.0 e85 with dlv back box mod in Maldives blue
Sterling grey 3.0 se
post whore = cheap, easily available and up for most things.

Online
User avatar
road warrior
Member
Member
Posts: 492
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 2:12 pm
Location: Burton On trent

kidney grill

Post by road warrior » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:35 pm

did i read some where that a black grill defines it as a 2.0 ltr - i mean i dont care - im happy to confuse and confound :D
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing...
2.0 e85 with dlv back box mod in Maldives blue
Sterling grey 3.0 se
post whore = cheap, easily available and up for most things.

Online
mjennings23
Member
Member
Posts: 814
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:11 pm
Location: Greater Manchester

kidney grill

Post by mjennings23 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:50 pm

road warrior wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:35 pm
did i read some where that a black grill defines it as a 2.0 ltr - i mean i dont care - im happy to confuse and confound :D
The 3.0 came with silver inners. Everything else had black I believe. The silver was meant to show off the 3.0 from the rest I imagine, but then the M came along and had black so who knows.

I've put black on my 3.0, purely because they look better with the black paint. I've also taken the badges off the sides, frankly I don't care if anyone thinks it's a smaller engine etc.

Online
User avatar
road warrior
Member
Member
Posts: 492
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 2:12 pm
Location: Burton On trent

kidney grill

Post by road warrior » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:06 pm

ahh i see..
well im have just removed the grilles and removed the chrome outsides and sprayed the inner black.. so.. hopefully it will look the dogs danglies :D
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing...
2.0 e85 with dlv back box mod in Maldives blue
Sterling grey 3.0 se
post whore = cheap, easily available and up for most things.

Online
User avatar
road warrior
Member
Member
Posts: 492
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 2:12 pm
Location: Burton On trent

kidney grill

Post by road warrior » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:08 pm

mjennings23 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:50 pm
road warrior wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:35 pm
did i read some where that a black grill defines it as a 2.0 ltr - i mean i dont care - im happy to confuse and confound :D
The 3.0 came with silver inners. Everything else had black I believe. The silver was meant to show off the 3.0 from the rest I imagine, but then the M came along and had black so who knows.

I've put black on my 3.0, purely because they look better with the black paint. I've also taken the badges off the sides, frankly I don't care if anyone thinks it's a smaller engine etc.
very adult of you . having thought about it .. i want people to KNOW i have a mighty 3.0 :D
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing...
2.0 e85 with dlv back box mod in Maldives blue
Sterling grey 3.0 se
post whore = cheap, easily available and up for most things.

Online
User avatar
Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 7745
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:54 pm
Location: In a barn

kidney grill

Post by Smartbear » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:39 pm

road warrior wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:08 pm
mjennings23 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:50 pm
road warrior wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:35 pm
did i read some where that a black grill defines it as a 2.0 ltr - i mean i dont care - im happy to confuse and confound :D
The 3.0 came with silver inners. Everything else had black I believe. The silver was meant to show off the 3.0 from the rest I imagine, but then the M came along and had black so who knows.

I've put black on my 3.0, purely because they look better with the black paint. I've also taken the badges off the sides, frankly I don't care if anyone thinks it's a smaller engine etc.
very adult of you . having thought about it .. i want people to KNOW i have a mighty 3.0 :D
Mine was debadged from new, I don’t mind folk knowing it’s a modest 2litre though :driving:
Rob
Image

e89 Sdrive2.0 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4 :P
e89 Sdrive30i this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si, i foolishly sold my trouble free car...

Online
User avatar
road warrior
Member
Member
Posts: 492
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 2:12 pm
Location: Burton On trent

kidney grill

Post by road warrior » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:02 pm

Smartbear wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:39 pm
road warrior wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:08 pm
mjennings23 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:50 pm
The 3.0 came with silver inners. Everything else had black I believe. The silver was meant to show off the 3.0 from the rest I imagine, but then the M came along and had black so who knows.

I've put black on my 3.0, purely because they look better with the black paint. I've also taken the badges off the sides, frankly I don't care if anyone thinks it's a smaller engine etc.
very adult of you . having thought about it .. i want people to KNOW i have a mighty 3.0 :D
Mine was debadged from new, I don’t mind folk knowing it’s a modest 2litre though :driving:
Rob
one day Rob, i intend to grow up, maybe .. :D
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing...
2.0 e85 with dlv back box mod in Maldives blue
Sterling grey 3.0 se
post whore = cheap, easily available and up for most things.

Online
User avatar
BeeEmm
Member
Member
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:23 am
Location: Upminster

kidney grill

Post by BeeEmm » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:41 pm

road warrior wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:02 pm
one day Rob, i intend to grow up, maybe ..
When you are 71 you will reach the mental age of 12, or so my wife tells me. You will love cars that are modern, fast and crackle and pop on every gear change. You will corner at speed on the edge of adhesion and feel completely in control. You will also look forward to the next 32 years.
2008 E86 3.0si Z4

I used to have 2 boys and a girl. Now I have 2 men and a woman.

Online
User avatar
Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 7745
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:54 pm
Location: In a barn

kidney grill

Post by Smartbear » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:41 pm

road warrior wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:02 pm
Smartbear wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:39 pm
road warrior wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:08 pm

very adult of you . having thought about it .. i want people to KNOW i have a mighty 3.0 :D
Mine was debadged from new, I don’t mind folk knowing it’s a modest 2litre though :driving:
Rob
one day Rob, i intend to grow up, maybe .. :D
I’d never go that far :)
Rob
Image

e89 Sdrive2.0 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4 :P
e89 Sdrive30i this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si, i foolishly sold my trouble free car...

Online
User avatar
road warrior
Member
Member
Posts: 492
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 2:12 pm
Location: Burton On trent

kidney grill

Post by road warrior » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:59 pm

hahaha good lad :)
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing...
2.0 e85 with dlv back box mod in Maldives blue
Sterling grey 3.0 se
post whore = cheap, easily available and up for most things.

Online
mjennings23
Member
Member
Posts: 814
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:11 pm
Location: Greater Manchester

kidney grill

Post by mjennings23 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:48 pm

Oh I wouldn't say I'm mature, people still know its a 6 pot from the lovely rumble and snap crackle and pop on the overrun thanks to the modded back box, and the induction roar in the cabin of course!

And the occasional sideways departure from a side road.... accidentally of course! :rofl:

Post Reply