Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

EPS warning light “delete”

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Rosco01

Post by Rosco01 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:50 am

Cheer's mjennings23 👍

If anyone is struggling to get a hold of a Safety Module with matching part number, just had a quote from 'Breaker Link' car parts online, £75.99 next day delivery. Obvs that's a used part as well.

Although still not sure where can code this and how much yet?

Monkeydonkeyratmagic

Post by Monkeydonkeyratmagic » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:30 am

Mike. Bit of a necro on this. Did you ever get to look into if hydraulic steering can go on a supercharged motor? I can't get rid of the a fault where the steering keeps going into sports mode, all modules are communicating and no faults on inpa are flagging or historic. Might just delete it outright.
MR-2 Turbo Rev2

Yep no Z yet. On the hunt.

mjennings23

Post by mjennings23 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:18 am

Monkeydonkeyratmagic wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:30 am Mike. Bit of a necro on this. Did you ever get to look into if hydraulic steering can go on a supercharged motor? I can't get rid of the a fault where the steering keeps going into sports mode, all modules are communicating and no faults on inpa are flagging or historic. Might just delete it outright.
It is perfectly possible, all you need to do is relocate the power steering fluid reservoir as the engine block mount will be blocked by the charger pulley, and get an appropriate length belt. There's supercharger kits for the E46 330i so the same engine with the hydraulic steering setup, perhaps fire one of the manufacturers an email and ask for belt specs.