Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Toyota Supra V8 build

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
Worcester_spoon

Toyota Supra V8 build

Post by Worcester_spoon » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:13 pm

Machine monkey wrote:
Worcester_spoon wrote:Not jealous, honest.
He he i know its quite a set up we have there now. Its changed loads since you where last over.

As for your exhaust............ Soon we have an electrician booked in beginning of next month to wire in all the machines. and the Supra will be off the ramp. So early August we will get you over and sort the exhaust for you.
:thumbsup:
03 Z4R 3.0i/Silver/custom quad/330d brake upgrade/LSD/G-Power supercharger/FIC 365cc injectors/Severn Tuning map

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Toyota Supra V8 build

Post by Machine monkey » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:07 am

The supra moves under its own power!!!!!!!!!

Witch may not sound like such a big deal but.... It was good to know the gearbox we kind of built (BMW box Toyota bell housing) And the clutch and prop shat that we had to fabricate not to mention the all fabricated gear linkage all works. It was a very happy moment in the workshop :driving: :driving:

Chris has been off work and working really hard. Its really getting close now. And hopfully in the next few weeks it will finaly be done. Then we can start work on the Soarer and then my z4.
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Toyota Supra V8 build

Post by Machine monkey » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:48 pm

So we seem to have a few 90 jap cars in the workshop at the moment.
2 1uz v8 Supra's the one missing the engine is having the engine bay smoothed out and sprayed.
1 2j supra
And 1uz Soarer
Last edited by Machine monkey on Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

Mister T

Toyota Supra V8 build

Post by Mister T » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:52 pm

V8 is 1UZ ;)

Cool collection of Jap metal :)

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Toyota Supra V8 build

Post by Machine monkey » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:08 pm

Mister T wrote:V8 is 1UZ ;)

Cool collection of Jap metal :)
Very sorry 1uz my bad...

Its ok wish i liked jap cars more. As i seem to be surrounded by them. I am warming to the supra. I am waiting to see what happens with the silver one.....

andy.c

Toyota Supra V8 build

Post by andy.c » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:40 pm

Nice collection of Supras you have got there now mate, I have always liked the supra they have a great shape and look
shame about the interior, A fella up the road from me has a turbo one done up to the nines it looks and sounds the business.

What colour are you going to paint the one that's nearly finished?

Russ59

Toyota Supra V8 build

Post by Russ59 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:52 pm

andy.c wrote:Nice collection of Supras you have got there now mate, I have always liked the supra they have a great shape and look
shame about the interior, A fella up the road from me has a turbo one done up to the nines it looks and sounds the business.

I loved my old Supra, should have never let it go to Sweden :cry: :cry:
It only did 15 to the gallon but it was well worth it.
2005, 3.0l Toledo Blue, sports seats, sports suspension, ZHP, MFSW,4 clear spot rear lights, clear side repeaters and third brake light , 19" AXE EX14 wheels, DIY carbon badges, interior parts gloss black wrapped, rear spoiler

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Toyota Supra V8 build

Post by Machine monkey » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:58 am

Russ59 wrote:
andy.c wrote:Nice collection of Supras you have got there now mate, I have always liked the supra they have a great shape and look

15 is ok :rofl: :rofl: If its only a weekend fun car. My z4 is always showing 25mpg as its a weekend fun car.

Russ59

Toyota Supra V8 build

Post by Russ59 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:46 am

Machine monkey wrote:
Russ59 wrote:

15 is ok :rofl: :rofl: If its only a weekend fun car. My z4 is always showing 25mpg as its a weekend fun car.

It was my daily driver but was worth it.
Don't know how much it cost the guy who bought it from me to drive it back to Sweden.
2005, 3.0l Toledo Blue, sports seats, sports suspension, ZHP, MFSW,4 clear spot rear lights, clear side repeaters and third brake light , 19" AXE EX14 wheels, DIY carbon badges, interior parts gloss black wrapped, rear spoiler

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Toyota Supra V8 build

Post by Machine monkey » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:46 am

So the supra is booked in to attend a hill climb event on the 17th of September!!!

The final paint is being done this week. It has had its 3rd body wiring loom!! The gearbox is hopefully due back next week. And i am there to night to finish of the welding for brackets for the PAS tank and catch tank brackets. Fingers crossed t will be getting mapped and aligned very soon and it should be finished.

I will take pictures this evening and update tomorrow.

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Toyota Supra V8 build

Post by Machine monkey » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:15 pm

After a very busy weekend and a very late night night on Friday building a second box. The car has driven under its own power. The engine pulls hard the box hasten blown up yet and it all seems good. There has been so much custom fabrication work. Virtually everything has been modified to work and fit. I am very glad its nearly finished for now.

Hopefully after my daughter is born i will find some time to get all the jobs done to my car. The list is growing. And i am really fancing similar levels of customization in my car.
Some pictures.
And a video link

Rorybeanbutler

Toyota Supra V8 build

Post by Rorybeanbutler » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:57 pm

Wow WA weeeee waaaaaaaaaa

Looks mega
z4 coúpe gone. C30 r design arrived.

JINGLE

Toyota Supra V8 build

Post by JINGLE » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:07 pm

That's going to be awesome! Can't wait to see it finished :evil:

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Toyota Supra V8 build

Post by Machine monkey » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:52 am

Ha ha Rory that kind of how we felt!!
It brakes traction so easily even with 265 section sticky tyres :evil: :evil: :evil:

How was Spa Jingle? Hopefully this weekend it should be all but done. Its entered into a hill climb event on the 17-18th

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Toyota Supra V8 build

Post by john-e89 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:02 pm

[quote="Machine monkey"]

Hopefully after my daughter is born i will find some time to get all the jobs done to my car. The list is growing. And i am really fancing similar levels of customization in my car.

:rofl: Oh how I enjoy the words of a yet to be father that holds onto some mad notion that life will somehow still have some normality....

You're not the first and you won't be the last Matt, we all thought it before the event... :D

Joking apart you'll love it................(sort of....) :wink:
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29