Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Toyota iQ

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
Wondermike

Toyota iQ

Post by Wondermike » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:01 pm

Some of you guys might not get this car, especially over the pond, but I would seriously consider one as a runabout for getting in to the city through the week, I love the styling of it, now if they did an ///M version...

The Toyota iQ, an incarnation of lateral thinking, has made its world debut in production form at this week's Geneva Motor Show. Expressing the values of intelligence, innovation and not least of individuality, the iQ is born of a brief designed to quash the perception that 'small is basic', delivering a flexible and sophisticated interior space to the city car market, not sacrificing on urban mobility and environmental credentials.

'Quality' ingrained in its designation, the iQ is a 'J-Factor' product, a term used by Toyota to describe products designed with Japanese flair and uniqueness for international markets. Styled to signify dynamism and robustness, crease lines are prominent and features pronounced. The wheels placed in each corner, the iQ has a 'super stance', reinforced by its 16-inch alloy wheels and tough bumpers.

Small dimensions bear haven to the spacial refinement consumers want, the intelligent packaging the result of a re-think of the positioning, not just the size, of a number of components. In part thanks to the iQ's two-metre wheelbase, a clever interior space has been thought up, dubbed 'techno-organic'. Exemplified in the flowing central console, the concept is the fusion of 'geometric precision' with 'inner beauty'. Slim seatbacks contribute to the feeling of space, while flexibility is provided by way of cubby holes, under-seat storage and 50:50 split rear seats. A 3+1 seating arrangement suitable for three adults and a child or their luggage adds to the car's uniqueness.

Designed to meet voluntary Japanese manufacturer emissions standards of 140g/km of CO2 by 2009, the iQ is anticipated to weigh in at only 100g/km, combined with as yet unannounced high fuel efficiency figures. The iQ will start production late this year, hitting UK showrooms in 2009, and expected to shift 100,000 units worldwide in its first year.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080304.062 ... -at-geneva

ovrkll
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Toyota iQ

Post by ovrkll » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:30 pm

I see, Wondermike, that you appreciate the finely wrought Lavender accents that pervade this vehicle. Your right, it may fit you well :poke:

Not for this side of the pond, I do believe 8)
'06 Interlagos Blue Z4M

WLH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by WLH » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:01 am

Not for me.... :thumbsdown:
2007 ///M Roadster - My Zed's - Member ZSCCA - ///M Registry - My Videos

Wondermike

Post by Wondermike » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:01 am

:D makes sense here though, the more I see it the more I love it, I can see me getting one of these when they get released :lol:

enfield

Post by enfield » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:03 am

Gosh - I glad we don't have those here! :D
The Z4M Roaster & Croup are gone!
It's E92 M3 from now on.

pmeloche

Post by pmeloche » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:57 am

It's a clone of the SMART. :? I still don't understand how they survive in the snow. :idunno:
Patrice
2009 E90 M3 Melbourne Red on Black Novillo leather (Carbon Fibre trim)
2007 X5 4.8i Monaco Blue on Saddle Brown interior (Premium Package)

inTgr8r

Post by inTgr8r » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:18 am

pmeloche wrote:It's a clone of the SMART. :? I still don't understand how they survive in the snow. :idunno:
They don't....
There were several Smarts nearby (north of Toronto) when they 1st came out.
I don't see them anymore.

takedown8

Post by takedown8 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:48 am

That is definitely a rip off of the SMART car, but the Japanese should definitely have one. I remember first seeing the SMART in Paris a few years ago, and then they came to Canada. I don't think they've been released in the US yet though. I think they are planning to though in the next year or so. The convertible one is pretty cool looking.
2005 Z4 3.0i, Maldives Blue, Beige int, Black top

Rick Hunter
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Rick Hunter » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:26 am

I think they would market it here if the Smart Car was a better seller. That way, Toyota could just sweep in, thumb their noses at M-B and steal the sales. :lol:
'07 Imola Red Image Coupé

pmeloche

Post by pmeloche » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:08 pm

inTgr8r wrote:
pmeloche wrote:It's a clone of the SMART. :? I still don't understand how they survive in the snow. :idunno:
They don't....
There were several Smarts nearby (north of Toronto) when they 1st came out.
I don't see them anymore.
They probably have been swallowed up my snow plowers and dumped in the St-Lawrence river. :lol:
Patrice
2009 E90 M3 Melbourne Red on Black Novillo leather (Carbon Fibre trim)
2007 X5 4.8i Monaco Blue on Saddle Brown interior (Premium Package)

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:20 pm

I love your write-ups Wondermike, but you really do ask for it.....

here we go.....

:hairdryer:
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

Wondermike

Post by Wondermike » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:35 pm

sp3ctre wrote: :hairdryer:
That's a better one for my SLK, I can't find a suitable smiley for this Toyota, except maybe this one :bag:

:D

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:27 pm

hehe, looks like it'd be a really cool radio controlled car :D
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

WLH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by WLH » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:55 pm

While I can't ever see myself in any car like that there might just be a market developing for cars like that in the US.
Time will tell... :)
2007 ///M Roadster - My Zed's - Member ZSCCA - ///M Registry - My Videos