Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

The shambles that is audi

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
Caddyshk

Re: The shambles that is audi

Post by Caddyshk » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:48 pm

Lotus guy's blew me off last year - I guess wearing a ball cap, jeans and a sweat shirt suggests to some you don't have money?
2006 Z4MC IB - LL93158
SS Race M, RE X Pipe, FS Headers/DFK Sec 1, OE STB, DZ CDV, AS SS, GC CoilOvers, SP FCAB, RE RTAB, VT Engine Mts, Stoptech lines, Hawk DTC, RE Clutch Stop, RE Tran Mounts, LeatherZ MSB, Tekarbon Spoiler, CF Grills, Advan RS

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:56 pm

Caddyshk wrote:Lotus guy's blew me off last year - I guess wearing a ball cap, jeans and a sweat shirt suggests to some you don't have money?
I thought that was standard attire for a Lotus driver? ;)
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

Jas667

Post by Jas667 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:17 pm

Ok, there is another twist in the tale!!
The guy from audi called me last night at 6:30pm whilst I was in the cinema. Lefta a message basically saying there had been a family crisis and he had been called down south (May sound harsh but after the previous service I think this is a total lie) and he has not got the car this week but can book me in early next week! He is supposedly gonna call me tomorrow to organise.
Im gonna go for the test drive then inform him that I prefer the Gallardo :rofl:

enfield

Post by enfield » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:37 pm

I had been blown off my BMW dealer in 2004. My bad though!! I had shown up in jeans that had seen better days. I then went to BMW's Winter Driving School. They asked me about my BMW experiences and I mentioned the local dealership in unflattering terms. By the time I got back home I had a message from the owner of the dealership apologising for my experience and inviting me to visit. I did take him up on that offer and now I am treated VERY well!!
The Z4M Roaster & Croup are gone!
It's E92 M3 from now on.

Wondermike

Post by Wondermike » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:56 pm

sixspeed wrote:...If I were a V10 R8 potential owner though, I'd still be looking at sending the same money towards a Gallardo. You could get a later model for the same money (with the SE revisions, and better gearing and power...), and especially if I received that kind of attitude!
Me too, for that kind of cash - an Audi or a Lambo is no contest :evil:

Jas667

Post by Jas667 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:31 pm

Ok, I have a test drive this monday at 1pm so Ill reserve judgments on the cars performance+looks(not seen 1 in the metal and I didnt like the z4 till I seen it in the metal) and Ill put a review up here. Then if I dont like it I have a gallardo test drive arranged anyways

adama222

Post by adama222 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:51 pm

Jas667 wrote:Ok, there is another twist in the tale!!
The guy from audi called me last night at 6:30pm whilst I was in the cinema. Lefta a message basically saying there had been a family crisis and he had been called down south (May sound harsh but after the previous service I think this is a total lie) and he has not got the car this week but can book me in early next week! He is supposedly gonna call me tomorrow to organise.
Im gonna go for the test drive then inform him that I prefer the Gallardo :rofl:
If they were serious about the sale, they would offer to bring the car to you or at least pick you up.

ovrkll
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ovrkll » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:01 am

If you saw me walking up, you would hide your wife/daughter and never even think of letting me drive your car :lol:
I have almost reached the 20Ducks "redneck hairstyle" level :P
'06 Interlagos Blue Z4M

rabman5

Post by rabman5 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:40 pm

For my first BMW purchase I went t a dealer near my house. He rode with me on the 2 mile test drive and would not budge on the price for a used 318i. He quoted the asking price and walked away without hearing my offer. I drove 25 miles to the other dealer and the salesman gave me the keys and told me to have some fun. 1 hour later we had a deal for a better car for $5k less than the first guy. He even came to my job to pick me up the day I collected it. I bought my next 2 cars from him.

Rick Hunter
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Rick Hunter » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:04 pm

Jas667 wrote:Ok, I have a test drive this monday at 1pm so Ill reserve judgments on the cars performance+looks(not seen 1 in the metal and I didnt like the z4 till I seen it in the metal) and Ill put a review up here. Then if I dont like it I have a gallardo test drive arranged anyways
So... any updates?
'07 Imola Red Image Coupé

Jas667

Post by Jas667 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:02 pm

Rick Hunter wrote:
Jas667 wrote:Ok, I have a test drive this monday at 1pm so Ill reserve judgments on the cars performance+looks(not seen 1 in the metal and I didnt like the z4 till I seen it in the metal) and Ill put a review up here. Then if I dont like it I have a gallardo test drive arranged anyways
So... any updates?
See my other post in same forum...'FINALLY test drove the R8'
Hopefully getting into a F430 next week and a Gallardo is being arranged so Ill put the review of them up too

Rick Hunter
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Rick Hunter » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:14 pm

'07 Imola Red Image Coupé