Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Lotus Emira

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
BMWZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

Lotus Emira

Post by BMWZ4MC » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:33 am

Everything I’ve read has reported that the i4 is the current M139 engine detuned to 360hp, not the old M133 that MB themselves haven't used for two years.
Interestingly, the M139 i4 weighs 160kg dry, whilst the 2GR-FE V6 weighs 163kg with fluids. The V6 has the additional weight of a supercharger and intercooler, but the i4 is coupled to a heavy DCT transmission (as opposed to a lighter manual transmission). Overall, both drivetrains should have a similar total mass.
I’ve no doubt that the V6 will be produced with more power in later editions of the Emira as it was in the Evora and Exige - 430hp / 440Nm is easy to achieve but approaches the torque limit of the transmission.
Once emissions regulations kill off the V6, the i4 will become the only engine choice, allowing Lotus to release the full 416hp / 500Nm found in the AMG 45S. Apparently, up to 500hp is easily achieved in the A45 without hardware changes, and 600hp with larger turbos!
Z4MC - heavily fettled for track use
Lotus Exige - sensible daily driver on the mods slippery slope
Westfield SEiW - in hibernation
Modified RS4 Avant - back in Blighty
S2000 GT - gone

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Lotus Emira

Post by Argyll Andy » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:48 pm

Ole gits rule wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:52 pm
Argyll Andy wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:44 pm
Ole gits rule wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:21 pm Kathleen seen it then :poke: :rofl:
No, and not so sure I’ll show her it. Saying that, there’s a flip side. I honestly reckon even if she likes it when she finds out it’s a fixed top it’ll be a no!

Now will I take the risk in trying that theory out :evil:
I am certain that the looks for £60k she will be interested - mind by the time you add in the 3.5 and tick a few options it will be closer to £90k

I would keep her off that or you will be placing an order next week :rofl:
Well, was feeling brave yesterday and decided to test my theory, showed Kathleen and got loads of oooo’s and ahhhh’s followed by I really like that, then told her hard top only, she changed to an absolute no :rofl: I then showed her the comments where I said she’d say that and she just :lol: but she’s still speaking to me so all good :thumbsup:
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (here for a while)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone to a good home)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Ole gits rule
    Lifer
    Lifer

Lotus Emira

Post by Ole gits rule » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:56 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:48 pm
    Argyll Andy wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:44 pm No, and not so sure I’ll show her it. Saying that, there’s a flip side. I honestly reckon even if she likes it when she finds out it’s a fixed top it’ll be a no!

I am certain that the looks for £60k she will be interested - mind by the time you add in the 3.5 and tick a few options it will be closer to £90k

Well, was feeling brave yesterday and decided to test my theory, showed Kathleen and got loads of oooo’s and ahhhh’s followed by I really like that, then told her hard top only, she changed to an absolute no :rofl: I then showed her the comments where I said she’d say that and she just :lol: but she’s still speaking to me so all good :thumbsup:
    I have a feeling in 12 months there will some form of vert - maybe a targa top but they will do something for certain, to big a market to miss out on IMHO.

She is far to soft with you - SWMBO this end would have sulked for two weeks :rofl:
    M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
    2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

Flyingfifer

Lotus Emira

Post by Flyingfifer » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:08 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:44 pm No, and not so sure I’ll show her it. Saying that, there’s a flip side. I honestly reckon even if she likes it when she finds out it’s a fixed top it’ll be a no!

The thumb print on the back of your head must be serious :rofl:
    2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

Argyll Andy
    Lifer
    Lifer

Lotus Emira

Post by Argyll Andy » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:08 pm

Ole gits rule wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:56 pm

I have a feeling in 12 months there will some form of vert - maybe a targa top but they will do something for certain, to big a market to miss out on IMHO.

She is far to soft with you - SWMBO this end would have sulked for two weeks :rofl:
    Well if that’s the time scale I’m still sticking with my 2 yrs projection :wink:

Yes she was fine but the sentence containing “Por*!@e still do soft tops don’t they?” was also mentioned again :o

Flyingfifer

Lotus Emira

Post by Flyingfifer » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:09 pm

Car looks outstanding and for £60k (if that actually is the cost) would be a fantastic bargain

Argyll Andy
      Lifer
      Lifer

Lotus Emira

Post by Argyll Andy » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:12 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:08 pm

It’s called a relationship Wullie, where one of the party’s isn’t inflatable :wink:

Discussions are had, something that suits both parties is agreed = two happy people. I’m just more impressed that I’ve got a good enough understanding about what she’ll like/not like, that’s not the easiest skill to master :lol:

Flyingfifer

Lotus Emira

Post by Flyingfifer » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:13 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:12 pm
        Flyingfifer wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:08 pm
        Argyll Andy wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:48 pm Well, was feeling brave yesterday and decided to test my theory, showed Kathleen and got loads of oooo’s and ahhhh’s followed by I really like that, then told her hard top only, she changed to an absolute no :rofl: I then showed her the comments where I said she’d say that and she just :lol: but she’s still speaking to me so all good :thumbsup:
        It’s called a relationship Wullie, where one of the party’s isn’t inflatable :wink:

Discussions are had, something that suits both parties is agreed = two happy people. I’m just more impressed that I’ve got a good enough understanding about what she’ll like/not like, that’s not the easiest skill to master :lol:
        Does she have her own car?

Argyll Andy
        Lifer
        Lifer

Lotus Emira

Post by Argyll Andy » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:39 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:13 pm
        Argyll Andy wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:12 pm
        Flyingfifer wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:08 pm The thumb print on the back of your head must be serious :rofl:

Does she have her own car?
        Yes, as I do mine and the G29 is our car :thumbsup:

Flyingfifer

Lotus Emira

Post by Flyingfifer » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:44 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:39 pm Yes, as I do mine and the G29 is our car :thumbsup:
          I dont get it..... so you have 2 cars and she has 1? :rofl: :P

Probocop

Lotus Emira

Post by Probocop » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:52 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:44 pm ...so you have 2 cars and she has 1? :rofl: :P
          It's not a bad number of cars to have... especially when her car is really just my third car :rofl:
          2007 Z4M Coupé - Midnight Blue
          1988 VW Transporter - Slate Blue
          2008 E82 123d - Space Grey
          2009 Abarth 500 Esseesse - Campovolo Grey

Flyingfifer

Lotus Emira

Post by Flyingfifer » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:53 pm

Probocop wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:52 pm
          Flyingfifer wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:44 pm ...so you have 2 cars and she has 1? :rofl: :P
          It's not a bad number of cars to have... especially when her car is _really_ just my third car :rofl:
          #chauffeur

Argyll Andy
          Lifer
          Lifer

Lotus Emira

Post by Argyll Andy » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:55 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:44 pm
          Argyll Andy wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:39 pm Yes, as I do mine and the G29 is our car :thumbsup:
          I dont get it..... so you have 2 cars and she has 1? :rofl: :P
          Nearly right, we have 1 1/2 cars each but I’m in possession of two of them so win.win :wink: so when the fun car is discussed or decisions made re it, it’s 50/50 and I’m happy with that as we have very similar views, except I’d like a bright green/yellow/Orange car, she’s not so keen so a compromise is reached and tbh, I’m more interested in the car, the colours not so important to me therefore I’m pretty flexible on that :thumbsup:

Argyll Andy
            Lifer
            Lifer

Lotus Emira

Post by Argyll Andy » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:56 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:53 pm
            Probocop wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:52 pm
            It's not a bad number of cars to have... especially when her car is _really_ just my third car :rofl:
            #chauffeur
            ^ is 100% correct, I’m the chauffeur of the 3rd car and that suits both of us perfectly :thumbsup:

Flyingfifer

Lotus Emira

Post by Flyingfifer » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:57 pm

Im too poor to have 3 cars... just have two, one off the road and the other is the zed/daily :P :rofl: