Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Lotus Emira

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Lotus Emira

Post by Ole gits rule » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:20 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:36 am Mmmmmm………… I like that.

March next year he says 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
Kathleen seen I then :rofl:
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Lotus Emira

Post by Ole gits rule » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:21 pm

Kathleen seen it then :poke: :rofl:
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Lotus Emira

Post by Argyll Andy » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:44 pm

Ole gits rule wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:21 pm

No, and not so sure I’ll show her it. Saying that, there’s a flip side. I honestly reckon even if she likes it when she finds out it’s a fixed top it’ll be a no!

Now will I take the risk in trying that theory out :evil:
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (here for a while)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone to a good home)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Ole gits rule
    Lifer
    Lifer

Lotus Emira

Post by Ole gits rule » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:52 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:44 pm

No, and not so sure I’ll show her it. Saying that, there’s a flip side. I honestly reckon even if she likes it when she finds out it’s a fixed top it’ll be a no!

I am certain that the looks for £60k she will be interested - mind by the time you add in the 3.5 and tick a few options it will be closer to £90k

I would keep her off that or you will be placing an order next week :rofl:

tomscott
    Lifer
    Lifer

Lotus Emira

Post by tomscott » Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:00 pm

The main downside for me with lotus is the fact they are stripped out. I like the early late 2000 BMW M feel of relative comfort but driver focus and they can be really enjoyable to drive with big enough boots.

Having a car that is hard to use as a car is a bit pointless to me as I wouldn't really buy a second car for track purposes.The Emira is much more like a modern Z4 but one that you can do a euro trip in with a bit of comfort and use as a dual purpose weekend car that still has some pedigree.

Although the G29 and E89 are nice to look at and have healthy engines they just don't do it from a driving dynamic point of view. The Cayman and Boxster are fab cars but they don't have the murderous feel of the Z4M that I like. They lull you into a false sense of security that your a driving god because there is very little you can do wrong in them... which I find has the opposite effect of making the experience very dull.

The 911 on the other hand is the opposite def has the murderous Z4M feel in a much more rounded package but obviously the Porsche market in the last 5 years has gone mad. To change from the Z to a 997.2 or a 991 your looking at 50-60k so really another 45k for a 10-12 year old car that will need money spent to keep in the condition it deserves.

Probably a reason there are a lot of long term Z4M owners because there isnt really a replacement that fills the niche. The Z3M and Z4M were sideline projects but the M division in low production numbers because of said niche and although the Emira is a big production for Lotus its probably on a similar scale to the Z4M which should make it special enough for people to get into.

A proper car that can play in this segment is needed and this might just be it. The TT although quick just does nothing for me, the F type is too heavy and not that quick, the lotus offerings are too stripped out. There isnt really a lot that has a different recipe everything is a bit bland to me. Others have got inflated - 992, GT4 I don't think isnt that great bang for buck but a fab car, M2 is nice but different proposition, M3/4 lost the plot on styling and the cost £85k for an m3 must me mad etc etc

The fact its British is another big plus.
    Last edited by tomscott on Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Argyll Andy
    Lifer
    Lifer

Lotus Emira

Post by Argyll Andy » Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:01 pm

Ole gits rule wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:52 pm

I am certain that the looks for £60k she will be interested - mind by the time you add in the 3.5 and tick a few options it will be closer to £90k

I honestly think no soft top would be a dealbreaker for her, of course the dealbreaker for me is the price if that’s what adding a few options on would do and yes, it’d need to be the 6 cylinder :driving:

Trav

Lotus Emira

Post by Trav » Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:14 pm

Looks cool, I like the car and the name. What happens when they run out of 'E' words. Are we going to see a FLAN?
      Z4MR A.W.

Argyll Andy
      Lifer
      Lifer

Lotus Emira

Post by Argyll Andy » Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:21 pm

Ole gits rule wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:21 pm Kathleen seen it then :poke: :rofl:

Just been on the configurator, doesn’t give you a price once you’ve spec’d your car, only an option to pay a £2k deposit :lol:

enuff_zed
        Lifer
        Lifer

Lotus Emira

Post by enuff_zed » Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:22 pm

Trav wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:14 pm Looks cool, I like the car and the name. What happens when they run out of 'E' words. Are we going to see a FLAN?
        Apparently they'll sell it to the Saudis as the Emira TE. :roll:
        HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
        Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Ole gits rule
        Lifer
        Lifer

Lotus Emira

Post by Ole gits rule » Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:33 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:01 pm
        Argyll Andy wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:44 pm No, and not so sure I’ll show her it. Saying that, there’s a flip side. I honestly reckon even if she likes it when she finds out it’s a fixed top it’ll be a no!

I honestly think no soft top would be a dealbreaker for her, of course the dealbreaker for me is the price if that’s what adding a few options on would do and yes, it’d need to be the 6 cylinder :driving:
        There will be a sot top option in due course for certain - they know what will sell but at least another £10k on a base car :thumbsup:

Ole gits rule
        Lifer
        Lifer

Lotus Emira

Post by Ole gits rule » Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:34 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:21 pm
        Argyll Andy wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:44 pm No, and not so sure I’ll show her it. Saying that, there’s a flip side. I honestly reckon even if she likes it when she finds out it’s a fixed top it’ll be a no!

Just been on the configurator, doesn’t give you a price once you’ve spec’d your car, only an option to pay a £2k deposit :lol:
        Thats does not surprise me as they will see how many deposits they get before they start figuring out what hey can charge for extras :thumbsup:

Ole gits rule
        Lifer
        Lifer

Lotus Emira

Post by Ole gits rule » Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:37 pm

tomscott wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:00 pm The main downside for me with lotus is the fact they are stripped out. I like the early late 2000 BMW M feel of relative comfort but driver focus and they can be really enjoyable to drive with big enough boots.

Having a car that is hard to use as a car is a bit pointless to me as I wouldn't really buy a second car for track purposes.The Emira is much more like a modern Z4 but one that you can do a euro trip in with a bit of comfort and use as a dual purpose weekend car that still has some pedigree.

Although the G29 and E89 are nice to look at and have healthy engines they just don't do it from a driving dynamic point of view. The Cayman and Boxster are fab cars but they don't have the murderous feel of the Z4M that I like. They lull you into a false sense of security that your a driving god because there is very little you can do wrong in them... which I find has the opposite effect of making the experience very dull.

The 911 on the other hand is the opposite def has the murderous Z4M feel in a much more rounded package but obviously the Porsche market in the last 5 years has gone mad. To change from the Z to a 997.2 or a 991 your looking at 50-60k so really another 45k for a 10-12 year old car that will need money spent to keep in the condition it deserves.

Probably a reason there are a lot of long term Z4M owners because there isnt really a replacement that fills the niche. The Z3M and Z4M were sideline projects but the M division in low production numbers because of said niche and although the Emira is a big production for Lotus its probably on a similar scale to the Z4M which should make it special enough for people to get into.

A proper car that can play in this segment is needed and this might just be it. The TT although quick just does nothing for me, the F type is too heavy and not that quick, the lotus offerings are too stripped out. There isnt really a lot that has a different recipe everything is a bit bland to me. Others have got inflated - 992, GT4 I don't think isnt that great bang for buck but a fab car, M2 is nice but different proposition, M3/4 lost the plot on styling and the cost £85k for an m3 must me mad etc etc

The fact its British is another big plus.
        Nice right up Tom but the fun of the Lotus is that it is stripped out, would take one over any Porsche or BMW to be honest and I love the Z4 as an everyday car but a Lotus is a true drivers car, even a standard 1800 goes well and sticks to the road like glue :D

Smartbear
        Lifer
        Lifer

Lotus Emira

Post by Smartbear » Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:43 pm

The whole ethos of Lotus is the “stripped out” approach, it’s what their reputation is built on and what separates them from other manufacturers.
        It’s obviously losing them some customers, but their hardcore fans wouldn’t want them selling out & adding motorised seats/whoopie cushions/shag pile carpets/16 speaker stereo/double glazing/heated vanity mirrors etc etc :?
        Rob
        Last edited by Smartbear on Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
        e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
        e85 3.0si sold

Ole gits rule
        Lifer
        Lifer

Lotus Emira

Post by Ole gits rule » Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:54 pm

Smartbear wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:43 pm The whole ethos of Lotus is the “stripped out” approach, it’s what their reputation is built on and what separates them from other manufacturers.
        It’s obviously losing them some customers, but their hardcore fans wouldn’t want them selling out & adding motorised seats/whoopie cushions/shag pile carpets etc etc :?
        Rob
        Thats me for certain, I loved my M100 and Elise but would love a series 1 elan - maybe when I retire :thumbsup:

RedUn

Lotus Emira

Post by RedUn » Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:20 pm

60k for a modern MR2 turbo 8)

Seriously though it looks lovely, I can't imagine much change from 100k for a decent spec v6 one though.

Main thing I dislike is all the bloody screens, can't beat an analogue dash in a sports car for me :cry:
        IMOLA Z4///MR