Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Panel Replaced and Repainted- Should I be bothered?

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
mgrlane

Post by mgrlane » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:41 pm

It's naughty isn't it. I am not going to lie I have watched it 50 odd times. No amount of battery power is ever going to make make feel the way that this does.

Silverstar

Post by Silverstar » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:21 pm

mgrlane wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:37 pm Yea I would say a Merc is a rich old man's car just based on the fact that it was only rich old men that I saw drive them in my youth.

Never really thought I wan't a merc before. I guess AMG perhaps is a little different?

I would defiantly pick a medium hot 3 series over the equivalent C class.
Have to agree with this, AMGs are a bit different and I suppose are the only Mercs I would look at. For normal models I would choose a BMW over a Merc any day unless we are talking S Class over a 7 Series in which case it might be the Merc again.
2009 sdrive30i auto Sapphire Black / Coral Red

Silverstar

Post by Silverstar » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:26 pm

ronk wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:41 pm Once bitten by a poor quality car purchase it’s very difficult to forgive and forget- I once bought a Ford Fiesta Supersport way back in 1982 - £4911

It was a bag of spanners and the last Ford I will ever buy!
Ironically back in the day I would never touch a Ford, it's not for nothing that they were called Dagenham dustbins! :rofl: But fast forward to around 1998 and the introduction of the first gen Focus, I do think Ford turned a corner at that point and started building cars that didn't actually fall apart, well at least not mechanically. Since then we have had two a 2004 Focus and thereafter a 2012 Fiesta both have been extremely reliable. However the interior build is still crap with bits of trim falling off and I don't think I would buy another just because of how cheap and nasty the interior feels, a case in point is the new Focus great to drive, looks good but that interior just puts me off.
2009 sdrive30i auto Sapphire Black / Coral Red

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:27 pm

I will admit to having a C class some years ago albeit a small engine but there did feel something special about driving behind a bonnet mascot.
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:21 pm

I had a few Mercs some years ago before I discovered BMWs! A W123 280e, 190e then a C280 Sport.

And there is something a bit special about having that Star on the front. But an AMG V8 under the bonnet would be even more special. :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

mgrlane

Post by mgrlane » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:45 pm

Silverstar wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:26 pm But fast forward to around 1998 and the introduction of the first gen Focus
I always wanted a 1st generation RS but I couldn't afford it. It was around 2005. The options were at that point a 200sx, Clio 172 and a civic type R.

My dad scared me about turbo's and I opted for the Clio. Wish I would have bought a higher millage EP3 if I could have gone back and done it again. The 200sx would have been worth a mint now I would guess- I haven't checked in on the prices of them or late.

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mr.tourette » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:07 pm

mgrlane wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:41 pm It's naughty isn't it. I am not going to lie I have watched it 50 odd times. No amount of battery power is ever going to make make feel the way that this does.
indeed.. anyhow, time you put up a thread in "other marques" with some nice pics :thumbsup:
if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D