Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Maserati?

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
Colin_E

Maserati?

Post by Colin_E » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:47 pm

Always been curious about this marque. Once had a ride in one as a passenger (& was impressed at the time).
Many seem to be cheap as chips secondhand.
So ...any good? What to look for? What to avoid?

gadgetJunky72

Maserati?

Post by gadgetJunky72 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:35 pm

I've had a diesel Quatroporte and Ghibli as courtesy cars and they've both been awful. The infotainment system, even in the latest models, is way behind the competition.

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Maserati?

Post by buzyg » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:48 pm

Been a while since I did the figures, but when I did, the lack of a dealer network in the SW and scary maintenance costs put me off.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Maserati?

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:30 pm

I drove a few Quattroportes back in 2008 at Millbrook and just loved how they went and sounded with the Ferrari V8 in them! Plus I've always thought that generation looked stunning - special but not "in your face" and the interiors are just wonderful.

But values plummet and there must be a reason for such savage depreciation - I can't help thinking it may be running costs!

As much as I love them I'm not nearly brave enough to consider buying an older one, but good luck to anyone who does. :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Mister T

Maserati?

Post by Mister T » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:10 pm

Depends which one you're after. I'd definitely give a newer Granturismo or Grancabrio a go, but would steer clear of the earlier Coupes.

Fireball

Maserati?

Post by Fireball » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:01 pm

Be very wary of servicing costs. A basic service on a friends diesel quattroporte costs more than another friends Aston Martin GT8, and by more we are not just talking a few pounds we are talking hundreds .
2010 23i M sport
2016 BMW R1200 RS SE

Colin_E

Maserati?

Post by Colin_E » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:14 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:30 pm I drove a few Quattroportes back in 2008 at Millbrook and just loved how they went and sounded with the Ferrari V8 in them! Plus I've always thought that generation looked stunning - special but not "in your face" and the interiors are just wonderful.
Yep that pretty well sums up my impression too. It was a Quattroporte of that era that I had a ride in.
But a few google searches on Maserati maintenance costs & reliability seem to explain the shocking depreciation rate.
Pity!