Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Abarth - Yeah or Neigh

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
neo_24860

Abarth - Yeah or Neigh

Post by neo_24860 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:28 pm

pvr wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:24 pm Coming from a standard Abarth, my wife did not want to drive another one until she test drove the Comp. The driveability is night and day compared to eachother. You really have to drive both though as to see the difference and if that is a deal breaker for you.
Sounds like a good idea to me, deffo worth a trip to find out what they are both like then :D
2011 23i M Sport - Gone
2006 - 3.0 Si Sport Silver/Grey Red Leather

sjj84

Abarth - Yeah or Neigh

Post by sjj84 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:43 pm

There's a chap over on pistonheads that has a huge collection of super cars, mainly ferrari but a few porsches and astons amongst over things. He's also got a abarth 695 and when he's regularly asked if he could only keep one car which would it be, he always says the 695. Can't say they're my cup of tea, but there must be something about them that makes owners so enthusiastic!

neo_24860

Abarth - Yeah or Neigh

Post by neo_24860 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:16 pm

I test drove it yesterday, nice car and quick! The sunroof was very nice to have, good colour and spec but there were a couple of things that put me off.

1st thing was the fact that, I'm quite tall and in some small cars (Fiestas, Aygos etc) aren't too bad, I can be comfortable. This, I couldn't get my feet to feel comfortable, the footwell is tiny, no space at all to put my left foot by the clutch. Shame as the car was nice, was super quick as well but I just couldn't get comfortable.

2nd thing was that there was a dead spider inside the dash pod right in the middle, no idea how it got there and not sure it should be able to get there without it being taken out? Put me off as once you have seen it you can't get rid of it and your eyes always go to it....was very strange!
2011 23i M Sport - Gone
2006 - 3.0 Si Sport Silver/Grey Red Leather