Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Reasonably shrewd move....or not...??

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:49 pm

Do it,John-e89.
If you can,do so. Life is too short,as recent events are proving in particular.
N/a sports cars are a dying breed in this sector.
Interlagos Blue M RDSTR,2008. Logic7 dsp Hifi;satnav,stubby,htd seats,etc,etc.
Black 2005 3.0i NOW SOLD(and missed)

Angelus666

Post by Angelus666 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:31 pm

Interesting subject, but IMO Porsche won't be moving away from 6 cylinders in the next generation. They've realised that they made as balls-up with the 4 pot and moved back to try and claw back some sales. With COVID and the following likely recession, manufacturers will be more risk-averse and sticking with what they and buyers know and will make a cleaner, cylinder deactivation 60 mpg possible boxster and cayman in my opinion.

PVR, are you sure there's a profit in your 50th car....they're listed for £80k-ish now. :?

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:25 pm

Angelus666 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:31 pm Interesting subject, but IMO Porsche won't be moving away from 6 cylinders in the next generation. They've realised that they made as balls-up with the 4 pot and moved back to try and claw back some sales. With COVID and the following likely recession, manufacturers will be more risk-averse and sticking with what they and buyers know and will make a cleaner, cylinder deactivation 60 mpg possible boxster and cayman in my opinion.

PVR, are you sure there's a profit in your 50th car....they're listed for £80k-ish now. :?
Fortunately, I bought the manual gearbox and the real fanatics / collectors go for that one (think of the price difference between the 993, 996 Turbo manual and Tip).

Think my dealer must have been very happy to sell the two they had recently for 120k (PDK models) as Covid will have had an impact.
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo