Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

BMW XDrive..any experience of issues and reliability?

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nictrix » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:44 pm

The star rated tyres really only matter with staggered wheel/tyre sizes where the rolling diameter of the tyres is matched.
If the tyres are the same type and size on all 4 corners the only problem that could possibly arise is between tyres with different tread depth.
They dont really need to be star marked if they are the same tyre with the same tread depth if you know what I mean.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:49 pm

Nictrix wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:44 pm The star rated tyres really only matter with staggered wheel/tyre sizes where the rolling diameter of the tyres is matched.
If the tyres are the same type and size on all 4 corners the only problem that could possibly arise is between tyres with different tread depth.
They dont really need to be star marked if they are the same tyre with the same tread depth if you know what I mean.
Hi there, yes that seems logical...the cars I’m looking at seem all to have the 225 / 255 tyre set up so no rotation and I assume a star approval to ensure rolling radius comparability .. :thumbsup: