Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Garage update: 325i + Z4M => M2 + Alpine A110 :)

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
Franzino

Post by Franzino » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:55 pm

RedUn wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:41 pm
Franzino wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:47 am
RedUn wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:25 am You'll be back one day, or at least in an N/A car :fuelfire: 8)
That is true...I will be back in a NA car in the near future. A NA flat six is the engine that is highest on my list.
Make sure it's a good one, the 'normal' ones remind me of the N54 :?
Honestly; the only car I see myself buying is a GT4 or GT3. They are expensive cars; but nothing else is (for me personally) a step up from the Z4M or my current garage. I had the idea to buy a used 981 GT4; but the more I know about the 981...the more not so great things I discovered about the car when used hard (3rd gear failure and strut tower failure = $$$$). Maybe when prices of the 997.2 GT3 (clubsport) drop some more...then who knows what can happen :roll:

RedUn

Post by RedUn » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:24 pm

Franzino wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:55 pm
RedUn wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:41 pm
Franzino wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:47 am That is true...I will be back in a NA car in the near future. A NA flat six is the engine that is highest on my list.
Make sure it's a good one, the 'normal' ones remind me of the N54 :?
Honestly; the only car I see myself buying is a GT4 or GT3. They are expensive cars; but nothing else is (for me personally) a step up from the Z4M or my current garage. I had the idea to buy a used 981 GT4; but the more I know about the 981...the more not so great things I discovered about the car when used hard (3rd gear failure and strut tower failure = $$$$). Maybe when prices of the 997.2 GT3 (clubsport) drop some more...then who knows what can happen :roll:
I have the exact same thoughts, I was close to going for a GT4 a few years back but I used to have a Cayman and I don't think it's special enough to warrant the price, as you say better off going for a GT3. I didn't realise they had issues mind that's a shame! Ideally I'd love a 996 RS but the prices are mad these days for a good one :(
IMOLA Z4///MR

Franzino

Post by Franzino » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:07 am

RedUn wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:24 pm I have the exact same thoughts, I was close to going for a GT4 a few years back but I used to have a Cayman and I don't think it's special enough to warrant the price, as you say better off going for a GT3. I didn't realise they had issues mind that's a shame! Ideally I'd love a 996 RS but the prices are mad these days for a good one :(
GT3 (RS) prices are getting a bit more realistic in Germany; but it will need some more time to level out when the hype is over and most speculators/investors are gone towards other area's to invest in. The 981 GT4 is a great car on paper (besides the long gearing), but a 981 has it's issues (stated above) and the new 718 GT4 is also rather expensive, has the same long gearing and the addition of OPF filters.
Also; with my girlfriend her A110 in our current garage this means there is already a mid engined car in the garage, so it would be nicer to have something different with the engine way at the back. In the "perfect car" world; I would have a 991.2 GT3 (manual) also sitting in the garage..in a "maybe one day" world I would also have 997.2 GT3. In the real world...were I actually live in; I'm perfectly happy with the current garage and it's already a petrolhead dream to have the availabilty of two great driving machines :D