Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Someone talk me out of this..well I bought an Exige

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
Woots
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Woots » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:50 pm

LeeZ4MR wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:00 am That looks awesome. :wub:

Enjoy it. :thumbsup: :driving:

Hahahah the socks thing is never gonna leave me on this forum hahah

Now where is that ratio of men to women thread i started...

Off topic but back onto topic, is anyone a whizz at photoshop? I want to see how different colour combos will look on my car

I did have to chuckle about the socks and it reminded me why this is one of the best if not the best forum out there. This forum has made me laugh/smile so much over the years. :D
Lotus Exige 350

BMWZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

Post by BMWZ4MC » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:17 pm

Hey Woots, I’m still pondering getting an Exige alongside my Zed. It would be used for commuting as well as hooning and track days, so I’m wondering how you‘re finding yours for more mundane journeys (if a drive in that car can ever be called mundane!)?
Z4MC - heavily fettled for track use
Lotus Exige - sensible daily driver on the mods slippery slope
Westfield SEiW - in hibernation
Modified RS4 Avant - back in Blighty
S2000 GT - gone

Wildfire

Post by Wildfire » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:52 pm

I hate all of you who have bought an Exige. I really wanted one! Unfortunately they have now gotten silly in price and there’s no way to afford one.

I should have picked up the Orange Mk2 when I had the chance..
2007 3.0si Coupe, LED interior lights, Stubby, ZHP, AC Schnitzers, 15mm spacers on the rear. 1993 Modified Pre-Cat TVR Griffith, Ducati Monster 821, MV Agusta F3 675

Mike.

Post by Mike. » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:13 pm

BMWZ4MC wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:17 pm Hey Woots, I’m still pondering getting an Exige alongside my Zed. It would be used for commuting as well as hooning and track days, so I’m wondering how you‘re finding yours for more mundane journeys (if a drive in that car can ever be called mundane!)?
I've used both the S2 and V6 Exige as a daily/hoon car/track car and didn't have any issues with either... unsure which you are considering so commented on both! Covered about 25000 miles across the three i've owned!

They are a bit interesting getting in and out of - becomes a muscle memory once you get the hang of it, once in, the seats and driving position are a great place to be. Headlights are fairly mediocre on both versions as standard making night driving fun.

The V6 is much easier to own and live with daily because the engine is torquey enough to drive in a more relaxing manner, the S2 being the 1.8 VVTi is a much more peaky engine. So whereas 3rd/4th is required in an S2, can easily be done in 5th/6th in the V6

I only went back to an S2 as the V6 was just "too good", more so on track with the Lotus DPM in Race mode - I actually found I turned it all off most of the time to have fun and hence went back to the more analogue S2.

Try one, you won't be disappointed! Although it will likely spoil any other car with regard to feel from that point on!

BMWZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

Post by BMWZ4MC » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:44 pm

Hi Mike, thanks for the information.
I’ve been looking at supercharged S2 Exiges for a long time but somehow man maths seems to point at the S3 Sport 350 as the only sensible choice!
I hear what you’re saying about the Lotus Race Mode making it too good. My dilemma is whether to supercharge my Zed (and still struggle to keep up with friends in GT3 RSs and the like on track), or head in a faster direction altogether. The advantage of the Exige V6 is that increasing downforce is possible and gaining a further 100-150bhp is fairly straight forward through the addition of a charge cooler and bigger supercharger if / when I feel I’m anything like worthy of the performance of the stock Exige!
I miss the feel of my Westfield on track and my Zed will never have the same directness, no matter what further modifications I make, because it isn’t practical to get the weight down enough and keep it as a usable road car.
The major downside of an Exige as a daily driver in Sydney, apart from poor road surfaces, is the Australian obsession with giant SUVs and monster truck utes. I’ll be near invisible and the perfect size to be crushed by someone on the school run...
S2000 GT - gone

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:35 am

BMWZ4MC wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:44 pm Hi Mike, thanks for the information.
I’ve been looking at supercharged S2 Exiges for a long time but somehow man maths seems to point at the S3 Sport 350 as the only sensible choice!
I hear what you’re saying about the Lotus Race Mode making it too good. My dilemma is whether to supercharge my Zed (and still struggle to keep up with friends in GT3 RSs and the like on track), or head in a faster direction altogether. The advantage of the Exige V6 is that increasing downforce is possible and gaining a further 100-150bhp is fairly straight forward through the addition of a charge cooler and bigger supercharger if / when I feel I’m anything like worthy of the performance of the stock Exige!
I miss the feel of my Westfield on track and my Zed will never have the same directness, no matter what further modifications I make, because it isn’t practical to get the weight down enough and keep it as a usable road car.
The major downside of an Exige as a daily driver in Sydney, apart from poor road surfaces, is the Australian obsession with giant SUVs and monster truck utes. I’ll be near invisible and the perfect size to be crushed by someone on the school run...
Should be agile enough to body-swerve out the way :P
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

BMWZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

Post by BMWZ4MC » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:10 am

Sadly, not in traffic!
S2000 GT - gone

Woots
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Woots » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:35 pm

BMWZ4MC wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:17 pm Hey Woots, I’m still pondering getting an Exige alongside my Zed. It would be used for commuting as well as hooning and track days, so I’m wondering how you‘re finding yours for more mundane journeys (if a drive in that car can ever be called mundane!)?
Hi mate, well now that it’s sunny weather and I’m used to how hardcore it feels compared to the 1 series...I’m loving it
Really enjoy DD her and going into work with the nice weather and quiet roads has been great fun
Yes it’s creaky, a bit rattly, really jarring in bumpy roads but the exhaust note is epic in race mode, steering is incredible, and didn’t mind being sat under a cover for 2.5 weeks over winter when everyone including lotus dealer friends told me the battery would be dead....
Lotus Exige 350

BMWZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

Post by BMWZ4MC » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:55 am

Hi mate, it's good to hear it makes an acceptable daily driver and I'm glad you're loving it :thumbsup:
I'd already decided that the ride quality and ground clearance can't be worse than my Zed on Clubsports and I still love driving that. There's a very limited supply of Exiges here and all those locally have compromises, so I arranged to see one in Brisbane with the expectation of buying it and driving the 900 km home. Then Queensland closed its borders to non-residents and all but essential travel was outlawed in New South Wales, so it's still with its original owner. Other matters have taken precedence, but I'm hoping it's still for sale when we come out of the other side...
S2000 GT - gone