Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

What would your next car be out of the following

Discussion of other cars non-Z4

What car would you buy next as your daily if running costs, or purchase price wasn't an issue?

Z4M
8%
Cayman S 987.2
1%
Cayman R 987.2
5%
Cayman S 981
9%
M2 F87
8%
M3 F80
1%
M4 F82
6%
Vantage V8
34%
R8 V8
11%
F-Type V6
2%
F-Type V6 S
13%

Total votes: 96

RedUn

Post by RedUn » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:15 pm

GuidoK wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:56 am
shuey wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:26 pm Not really fussed about 0-60 times, but it's what I tend to use to judge how fast a car feels...
If you want to know how fast a car feels you should look at a 60-120 time.
The 0-60 time is mainly determined by how much traction there is at the start. So awd cars and cars with a rear mounted engine are very much in favour.

Personally i'd go for the jag f type S
Why? RWD and it's available with manual gearbox, has a proper LSD, and some grunt in the lower revs due to the positive displacement supercharger. And it looks good.
Only downside is that it's heavy, but the list is cluttered with heavy cars :roll:

Why is there no evora on that list? Are they too expensive?

V8 vantage would be a great second, if you can get a manual. But will be crazy expensive if something breaks....
I was going to say Evora too :thumbsup:
IMOLA Z4///MR

shuey

Post by shuey » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:50 pm

GuidoK,

Never thought of looking at 60-120 time but makes sense. Yeh I know Evoras and also Elise are meant to be awesome to drive, but I do want something that looks good... and I’ve never really like the evora looks, and Elise is a little too spartan inside inside for me.

I guess my ideal car is probably half GT car, half sports car. I won’t be tracking my car, but still want something that handle it if I ever did go

In no particular order:

Cayman (s, gts, r - 981 or 987 all budgets dependant - no looked at prices)
Z4MC
F-Type S manual Coupe
Maybe R8 Manual (but don’t think it’s ideal for daily driving it)
M2 OG / Manual / Grey

Previous
Z4C Si Sport / Manual / Alpine White
350Z VQ35DE / Manual / Silver
Seat Leon Cupra MKII / Manual / Silver
Ford Puma 1.7
Rover 214 Si (I know!)

Jaw

Post by Jaw » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:38 am

shuey wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:34 pm interesting to know... yeh the 981 vs 987 for me would be more to do with the budget primarily - I love how the 981 looks (with 6cyl) (I'm not counting the 718 (4 cylinder) here.

V8V - thats something that sounds universal from everyone - and will most likely be disapointe, based on what I want.

R8 I love - but never driven a v8 version only a V10.

Gtr - not for me unfortunately - not enough drama, noise, looks. for me every other option is more exciting to me, despite it probably being a stupidly fast car
Jaw wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:39 am Had a similar choice over the years but the 3 car garage ended up being an e92, 981 and a GTR.

Out of those, for me it would have to be the vantage or r8. first, closely followed by the 981.

If I got the F, I'd constantly want the v8 (I came close to buying an S convertible, still wonder if I should have)

The 987 R is a great car but I tried a few 987's before getting my 981 and as much as I hate bandwagons, they really do loose a bit of soul and feel going to a 4cyl (although I'd imagine they're crazy economic, my 981 gets better economy than my renault trafic diesel)

The F8's are amazing cars but just not for me and imo not in the same playing field as the others (sports cars vs sporty cars)

I loved my V8V but it wasn't as sharp or as quick as I would have loved - but as a purely visceral experience, it was largely unparraleled for the money. The interior felt rather cheap and the ford derived Key wasn't a high point.

Hmm actually through typing this the r8 would be top of the list out of the lot. I narraowly chose the GTR over one, having driven them both back to back on track, the GTR just pulled where the Audi didn't, just didn't love the Audi as much.
Ha - sorry, I read the 7 and my brain immediately went to the 718 instead of the 987. Dyslexia for you :D

if the 981 is out of budget then yes the 987 is definitely worth a look - not Sold on the 987 cayman's look 100% but it ticks a lot of boxes.

Yeah probably a fair point on the GTR - looks are down to preference and for the rest, my view would be pretty biased as mine is fairly heavily modified so while it's deffo loaded with drama and sense of occasion, it's probably a bit far removed from the standard experience.

The R8v8 certainly isn't a bad choice, it just felt a little vanilla when pushing on, but I think I've legit felt like that about every audi I've owned or driven. Really didn't have that excitement factor for me, something which the v10 definitely did. But again, with some choice mods I'm sure that won't stay the case..
Z4M Roadster - Gone but not forgotten
E92 M3 | 981 Boxster S | Corvette C4 | 996 911 Gemballa |XR8 | Whatever else is lurking in the garage