Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Mr Wilks Porsche?

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Mr Wilks Porsche?

Post by Smartbear » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:09 pm

That’s a great looking car :thumbsup:
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Mr Wilks Porsche?

Post by mr wilks » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:52 pm

Thanks for all the positive the appreciation chaps :) & to john :roll:

3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

Jembo
Lifer
Lifer

Mr Wilks Porsche?

Post by Jembo » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:29 pm

Very nice Coupe.

I assume now the porker forum will soon be treated to Mr Wilks forthcoming new line of immaculate & tasty porker alloys.
Joined the dark side with a ///M Hell Bronze Sepang Coupe :happyclap:
Ex Aug 2005 Maldives Blue 3 litre cruizer, lots of toyz,

Lifer 54

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Mr Wilks Porsche?

Post by mr wilks » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:31 pm

Jembo wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:29 pm Very nice Coupe.

I assume now the porker forum will soon be treated to Mr Wilks forthcoming new line of immaculate & tasty porker alloys.
Highly unlikely , far fewer of them out there & even used prices make gen CSLs look reasonable :P
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Mr Wilks Porsche?

Post by mr wilks » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:36 pm

ben g wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:14 pm Always wondered whether Mr Wilks was pretty much a private dealer of Z4's, seeing as he chopped and changed fairly often. I guess now he can give us an answer? :lol:

Nice Porsche, much better looking (not as dated) as the E85/6 Era Zed's in my opinion. These will stand the test of time very well, I think :thumbsup:
Not a dealer of any description :P just a enthusiastic owner who could not & cannot define which of the Z range suited me best or indeed is the best , i'l no doubt throw a thread up at some point that might upset one or two owners :oops: its fair to say out of the 14 i have a top 5 , out of which i should be able to get to a top 3 :wink: obviously just my own top 3 & many may disagree .
Thanks for the positive Porsche comment :thumbsup:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti

Leesfarm07

Mr Wilks Porsche?

Post by Leesfarm07 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:07 pm

Working on a bathroom for a chap at the moment who's got pretty new GT3RS and a GT4 Cayman plus an old Z3MR...I drool over both Porsches but never could take to the Z3M.
Current
2012 Mercedes SLK 250 AMG Sport auto in black
Westfield SE 1800 Zetec on twin 45's Aldon-Tuned pocket rocket in orange
Gone but not forgotten my lovely Zed 2.5

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Mr Wilks Porsche?

Post by ben g » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:47 pm

mr wilks wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:36 pm
ben g wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:14 pm Always wondered whether Mr Wilks was pretty much a private dealer of Z4's, seeing as he chopped and changed fairly often. I guess now he can give us an answer? :lol:

Nice Porsche, much better looking (not as dated) as the E85/6 Era Zed's in my opinion. These will stand the test of time very well, I think :thumbsup:
Not a dealer of any description :P just a enthusiastic owner who could not & cannot define which of the Z range suited me best or indeed is the best , i'l no doubt throw a thread up at some point that might upset one or two owners :oops: its fair to say out of the 14 i have a top 5 , out of which i should be able to get to a top 3 :wink: obviously just my own top 3 & many may disagree .
Not knocking you at all :thumbsup: it's fair game in my eyes if someone's willing to buy a car you own for an amount, be that more or less than you paid to purchase it.

I personally thought your silver M roadster was the best of the lot, in terms of looks at least. I'm not too keen on Imola and I can't remember all the others you've owned :lol:
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Mr Wilks Porsche?

Post by mr wilks » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:09 pm

ben g wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:47 pm
mr wilks wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:36 pm

Not knocking you at all :thumbsup: it's fair game in my eyes if someone's willing to buy a car you own for an amount, be that more or less than you paid to purchase it.

I personally thought your silver M roadster was the best of the lot, in terms of looks at least. I'm not too keen on Imola and I can't remember all the others you've owned :lol:
The silver car was a story in itself :wink: i could write a book of my 7 yr exploits with wheels & cars ,
I found the car on PH initially , made contact , got all the info & details i needed to make a offer based on me collecting with cash & driving it away , , , , then the fella popped up on forum (after we had agreed a deal he was happy with ) i had no idea he was even a member & hadn't declared myself a forum user , basically welching on the deal & bleating over how he felt it was selling too cheap , telling all how much he had loved & cherished it :cry: well i can tell you of all the 14 cars it was the worse kept of them all , , Darren Slone will back me up here , he stored the car on my behalf for 2 weeks until i could collect it
It was truly shocking ( not mechanically) & if i had viewed it prior no way would have gone even close to what i paid him .
There have been other forum cars ive bought that weren't wholly as described but once a deal is agreed then i wouldn't shirk from that .
Ive also put my hand in my pocket & bought forum cars that have been up weeks / months with no takers so whilst i may have gained so did the sellers
So the answer is yes , i may well have bought low & sold high but ive taken on issues with certain cars & invested time + money in them to hopefully sell on prime examples :?
Not saying i won't buy Z again but right now my appetite has gone so the change of marque was much needed
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Mr Wilks Porsche?

Post by john-e89 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:33 pm

It’s just a taster....you’ll really appreciate Piggies with a Boxy next..... :poke: :wink:
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

paulgs1000
Lifer
Lifer

Mr Wilks Porsche?

Post by paulgs1000 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:07 am

Hi Andy,
Knew you'd had one in the past (993?) so get the attraction.
Congratulations - that's a very special car and a great choice :thumbsup:
Now Porsche flat 6 experience, 986S & 981S.
2006 Z4MR Imola Red/Imola Red, 2008 3.0si Sport Stratus Grey/Piano black, 2006 2.0I Sport Silver Grey Facelift. MX5, TVR Chimaera, many motorbikes.

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Mr Wilks Porsche?

Post by mr wilks » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:58 pm

Thought id update this thread along the way for those interested in non Z related motoring , no issues uncovered & couldn't be happier with it especially now ive added my preferred choice of both wheels (Lobster claw 19s) & tyres ( new Vred Vorti R )
Looks more iconic now to me .
Already covered more than 300 weekend miles in the first month , more than i managed in 3 months with the outgoing 35is , fuel / mpg wise for anyone curious its a flat 6 na 3.6 litre manual , the numbers read virtually the same as a Z4M with the OBC reading 22/24 around town , 29-30mpg on a steady mway run & 18-20mpg driven with enthusiasm :)
It had a major service carried out at Porsche Centre 650 miles prior to my purchase (Mobil 0w40) but i will be having the oil changed to Millers Nano 5w40 sometime next week
Attachments
Screenshot_20190727-144355-01.jpeg
Screenshot_20190727-144355-01.jpeg (141.7 KiB) Viewed 2081 times
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti

Zoomer

Mr Wilks Porsche?

Post by Zoomer » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:20 pm

mr wilks wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:58 pm Thought id update this thread along the way for those interested in non Z related motoring , no issues uncovered & couldn't be happier with it especially now ive added my preferred choice of both wheels (Lobster claw 19s) & tyres ( new Vred Vorti R )
Couldn’t agree more .. those wheels just suit the 997 so well
Sterling Grey 3.0i E85 Black Heated Leather M sports seats , 224's ,Sat Nav, Bluetooth, Xenons, PDC, Gaptech ,Cruise and a nice warm garage. NOW GONE
Silver 3.0i Z4 NOW GONE

BeeEmm

Mr Wilks Porsche?

Post by BeeEmm » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:40 pm

mr wilks wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:09 pm The silver car was a story in itself i could write a book of my 7 yr exploits with wheels & cars ,
I found the car on PH initially , made contact , got all the info & details i needed to make a offer based on me collecting with cash & driving it away , , , , then the fella popped up on forum (after we had agreed a deal he was happy with ) i had no idea he was even a member & hadn't declared myself a forum user , basically welching on the deal & bleating over how he felt it was selling too cheap , telling all how much he had loved & cherished it well i can tell you of all the 14 cars it was the worse kept of them all , , Darren Slone will back me up here , he stored the car on my behalf for 2 weeks until i could collect it
It was truly shocking ( not mechanically) & if i had viewed it prior no way would have gone even close to what i paid him .
There have been other forum cars ive bought that weren't wholly as described but once a deal is agreed then i wouldn't shirk from that .
Ive also put my hand in my pocket & bought forum cars that have been up weeks / months with no takers so whilst i may have gained so did the sellers
So the answer is yes , i may well have bought low & sold high but ive taken on issues with certain cars & invested time + money in them to hopefully sell on prime examples
Not saying i won't buy Z again but right now my appetite has gone so the change of marque was much needed
Based on this alone I would trust you 100%. Your contribution to the forum has been huge and your use of 'tongue-in-cheek and 'blushing' SMILIES memorable. I hope you continue to contribute to the forum on wheels and tyres especially as you are indeed an expert in that field. I wish you well with the Porsche.
I used to have two boys and a girl. Now I have two Men and a Woman. :?

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Mr Wilks Porsche?

Post by MACK » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:15 am

mr wilks wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:58 pm Thought id update this thread along the way for those interested in non Z related motoring , no issues uncovered & couldn't be happier with it especially now ive added my preferred choice of both wheels (Lobster claw 19s) & tyres ( new Vred Vorti R )
Already covered more than 300 weekend miles in the first month , more than i managed in 3 months with the outgoing 35is , fuel / mpg wise for anyone curious its a flat 6 na 3.6 litre manual , the numbers read virtually the same as a Z4M with the OBC reading 22/24 around town , 29-30mpg on a steady mway run & 18-20mpg driven with enthusiasm :)
It had a major service carried out at Porsche Centre 650 miles prior to my purchase (Mobil 0w40) but i will be having the oil changed to Millers Nano 5w40 sometime next week
I have to agree with you about the lobster claws, my favourite Porsche wheel from that vintage and a huge improvement, looks great. :thumbsup:
What's your next mod (if any) and is this one a keeper or a fleeting flirtation? :D
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

9designs

Mr Wilks Porsche?

Post by 9designs » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:44 pm

Looking great and more cracking pictures Andy. "Your/my" 35is is all polished up ready for Zedfest. :thumbsup: ..... Not sure anyone will notice in this weather !
57 Plate 3.0 Si Auto SilverGrey - Red Leather
E89 35iS Space Grey - Red Leather. SOLD
56 Plate 3.0 SI Manual - Black with Red Leather- Scorpion exhaust, BC coil overs SOLD
54 Plate 3.0 SE Auto - Silver with Red Leather. SOLD