Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

New Car - Mercedes AMG GTS

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
dan yeates

Post by dan yeates » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:57 am

Angelus666 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:08 pm They're a lovely car, make thunder of a noise and I love the colour you have chosen....did you consider a few other cars in the same category? I'm shopping in the market at the moment and the Mclaren 570s for £100k is my front runner right now. I think that'll hit it's depreciation bottom at £80k, but I'd rule out the GTS as I worry like all AMG's it would keep falling to £40k like all other big Mercs do.

Also, I personally really dislike the naff ipad stuck on the dashboard, nothing will age a car faster than this type of tech. For similar money the current gen R8, 570 and 911's do a much better job of integrating this and will age a lot better as a result.
Depreciation is always a big factor in my consideration process when buying a new car. It can often be the most expensive part of ownership. Up until now, I've always bought cars that don't appreciate much and I've always minimised depreciation by selling at the right time. I barely lost anything on my Porsche (about £1800 after deducting the cost of the warranty) and that was over 18 months and 10k miles!

I'm aware the Mercedes will depreciate, but I don't think it has a huge amount to lose. They're pretty good value for money at the moment. Try buying a 911 with 500hp, sub 15k miles and under three years old for less than £100k, let alone less than £70k.

911 GTS is at least £90k, 911 Turbo is well over £100k for a >3 year old car with >15k miles.

My car was just under £70k, not £100k. It was £125k new, so it's had a big drop already. I think at the price I paid, they're pretty good value for money really.
ex-BMW Z4 M Roadster in Monaco Blue ** BMW M135i ** Mercedes AMG GT S

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MrPT » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:24 am

Evo have a 992 vs group test this month that doesn't feature the AMG GT. Perhaps they tried to get one for it and failed, but it's a bit of an oversight when they're docking a lot of points for "character", something I assume the GT has in spades?!
2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone

dan yeates

Post by dan yeates » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:51 am

MrPT wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:24 am Evo have a 992 vs group test this month that doesn't feature the AMG GT. Perhaps they tried to get one for it and failed, but it's a bit of an oversight when they're docking a lot of points for "character", something I assume the GT has in spades?!
Yes, I read that and I thought the same. They had a Lotus Evora but no AMG GT!

But there were other articles on the AMG GT R and GT R Pro.
ex-BMW Z4 M Roadster in Monaco Blue ** BMW M135i ** Mercedes AMG GT S

chilistrucker

Post by chilistrucker » Thu May 30, 2019 9:59 am

Stunning 8)
Really, really like these. I think they have a bit of an E-type look about them.

Cloudberry

Post by Cloudberry » Thu May 30, 2019 10:23 am

Congratulation with a stunning car :thumbsup: . Have really liked the AMG GT models since first presented. And - if a AMG GT C (the cabriolet version) should appear with a reasonable price in the market..... I would just jump on and buy it :evil: :P
2012 35is - Deep sea blue - navigation - sports seats - xenon - 296's