Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Loan car - Citroën C4

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
skelters

Loan car - Citroën C4

Post by skelters » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:11 pm

Other half had a 5 mph bump a couple of weeks ago in her Suzuki Swift. Some light damage on the front plastic bumper and on the passenger front wing.

Long story short, Insurance company have given her a 2018 plate Citroën C4 in blue while the Suzuki is repaired.

It's pretty similar to the Suzuki in size but that's where the similarities end.

1. Open the door and get in while bumping into the door pillar, roof, A pillar. Same getting out the car.
2. Fight with the key as the angle for putting the key in must have been designed by a child.
3. Start the car and adjust the mirrors. Hunt around for the wing mirror buttons / switch. Obviously not on the drivers door but hidden out of view by the steering wheel and the large key.
4. Ignore the service light on the dashboard as they know it needs a service when they get it back.
5. Feel around in the porridge pot of a gear box for 1st gear.
6. Get the car up to the biting point. 1000 revs? 2000 revs? Try 2500 revs and see if it moves away like a snail.
7. Lights. Are they on or off even when the dashboard says they're on. No idea!
8. Heater controls are inside the sh***y infotainment tablet type device thing.
9. Any small bumps in the road when driving at anything over 25mph and the steering wheel jerks in your hands.
10. Seat belt alarm goes off continually when the seat belts are not fastened. Ideal if there's people in the back seats but when there's only two people in the car make sure the seat belts are fastened in the back to make sure the alarm stays off.

Pretty gutless too.

Pretty s**t car and we can't wait to get the Suzuki Swift back.
2007 Z4 3.0si Sport. Silver Grey Metallic, Brembo Brakes, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Machine Monkey Exhaust Tips, Stubby, Piano Black trim, Black Leather, Bilstein B12-Pro-Kit, Michelin Pilot Sport 4 on MV2's. Roof Motor in the Boot!

montymog

Loan car - Citroën C4

Post by montymog » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:03 pm

:rofl:
e85 3.0si monaco metallic extended oregon cream leather.m seats all electric with heating and extensions.m multifunction s/wheel reverse sensors.light maple wood trim m suspension ect.ect. running on eagle f1 assy 3s

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Loan car - Citroën C4

Post by Smartbear » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:08 pm

So apart from all that you like it then? :)
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

Vonlipvig

Loan car - Citroën C4

Post by Vonlipvig » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:46 pm

Sounds about as much fun as I had in the mokka to take me up to North Wales. Hateful thing. Heading control's had a mind of their own, seats so uncomfortable. For a 1.5 turbo diesel, it managed about the same mpg as the z!
2009 Sapphire Black 23i

skelters

Loan car - Citroën C4

Post by skelters » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:13 am

As I hardly drive the Z4 these days it's normal to be driving the other car at the weekend or when on babysitting duties.

The headrest on the back seat can't be taken off without tilting the seat forward. As I found out tonight when fitting the child seat thing.

The driver and passenger seats are also pretty poor. Feels as if the backrest isn't attached to the seat.

Change gear and there's a good chance of touching the passengers leg. That's if you can find the gear to change up or down to. Pulled away twice in 3rd gear so far.

Electric windows in the back though. :thumbsup:

MPG. Who cares!
2007 Z4 3.0si Sport. Silver Grey Metallic, Brembo Brakes, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Machine Monkey Exhaust Tips, Stubby, Piano Black trim, Black Leather, Bilstein B12-Pro-Kit, Michelin Pilot Sport 4 on MV2's. Roof Motor in the Boot!

skelters

Loan car - Citroën C4

Post by skelters » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:14 am

As I hardly drive the Z4 these days it's normal to be driving the other car at the weekend or when on babysitting duties.

The headrest on the back seat can't be taken off without tilting the seat forward. As I found out tonight when fitting the child seat thing.

The driver and passenger seats are also pretty poor. Feels as if the backrest isn't attached to the seat.

Change gear and there's a good chance of touching the passengers leg. That's if you can find the gear to change up or down to. Pulled away twice in 3rd gear so far.

Electric windows in the back though. :thumbsup:

MPG. Who cares!

Yorkie Z

Loan car - Citroën C4

Post by Yorkie Z » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:44 am

:rofl:
A Dirty M///

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

Loan car - Citroën C4

Post by Ewazix » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:13 am

I read an article a while ago that said that nobody made 'bad' cars anymore, sounds like Citroen hadn't read it :D

They are not the only ones, I've been driving a new Zafira TD fandango this week (near £18k list), with only 8k miles on it it's already driving like a baggy-assed shed, full of rattles and faults. It keeps demanding 'add blue' threatening to shut down the engine even though it's topped up, a different tyre pressure warning comes on at every start-up and manages a neat trick with flat spots at the bottom, middle and top of the rev range! Hiddeous :thumbsdown:
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Loan car - Citroën C4

Post by buzyg » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:49 am

So when are you ordering your new C4 then. :wink:

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Loan car - Citroën C4

Post by Nictrix » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:37 pm

Worst car I have sat in was a Hyundai Getz.
My wife had one as a courtesy car :o and said it was horrible. I didnt believe it would be that bad so had a look inside it.
It was just like a box with seats in it. She said it would be impossible for me to pull away without stalling it the first time and even though I was warned about the non-feeling clutch I still stalled it.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Loan car - Citroën C4

Post by TitanTim » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:36 pm

Always had a soft spot for the Swift ever since owning a GTI back in 1989, problem with with todays Citroens is they look better than they drive.

Tim.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Loan car - Citroën C4

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:26 am

Citroens have always looked better than they drove IME, but I did have a C3 as a rental that I quite liked. :oops:

I used to travel a bit with work, and the worst rental I ever got was an automatic Corolla Verso. Put it in drive and you'd expect it to creep forwards, but it didn't! Press the accelerator and you'd expect it to move forwards a bit more, but it didn't - so you pressed it a bit more and the front wheels lost grip. Hateful POS. :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

skelters

Loan car - Citroën C4

Post by skelters » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:05 am

We'll not be ordering a C4.

Worst car I've ever had to drive?
Rover 25 - Cylinder head went on it managed to get it back to the garage that had loaned it to me.
Suzuki Splash - Gutless POS and was hated from the first day we had it until it was traded in for the Swift.
Suzuki Jimny - Cheek clenching white knuckle driving at 70mph on a windy day! Slow down to 50 and it was a bit better but still awful to drive.

Jaw

Loan car - Citroën C4

Post by Jaw » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:30 pm

had a c4 Grand picasso for a few weeks in september. It should have been an F Pace but the mrs was under 30 so I couldn't hire anything fun. Was top spec for the c4, massaging chairs, keyless everything etc. Wasn't a terrible budget-ish family wagon but it was hardly enjoyable too.

Lights were utterly appalling, could barely see a thing. Auto but very gutless. Same issue with the seat belt alarm from even having some take-away on the passenger seat.

It was practical and had a nice roof, but that's where the plus points started to run out of steam :/
Z4M Roadster - Gone but not forgotten
E92 M3 | 981 Boxster S | Corvette C4 | 996 911 Gemballa |XR8 | Whatever else is lurking in the garage