Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Supra Chat

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
jimmybell

Supra Chat

Post by jimmybell » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:34 pm

Figure there should be somewhere dedicated for this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8NxcndBp7Q

Tim, all the access and no idea, be nice to see a real journo with actual driving skill to rate it. To me pretty disappointing. From the FT-1 concept which looked insane to a toned down version, and now it seems like it's just an m140i transplant.

Tim does mention something to do with Super Sport - so possibly there's a better-than-mlite version coming? or a completely different car (but i dont see any model they could 'supersport' other than this new supra, and would be odd to mention another car on the supra pre-launch drive.).

Also, anyone think Toyota is trying to play BMW a bit by hinting their car maybe better than the Z4 before the Supra is avail? (thus customers don't buy the Z4 and wait for the Supra?)

Granted the Z4 looks butt ugly so perhaps they didn't need to :d

FT-1 Concept:

Gazoo Racing version:

Kinda wanted it to have the spoiler from the concept, looks cool.
V12 Vantage S - Hammerhead Silver, Manual, Lightweight Wheels, Exterior Carbon++, Carbon Buckets, AMR Performance Pack.
M135i LCI - ZF8, White, HK Audio, Adaptive
--
GONE Z4 M Coupe, Imola, CSLs
GONE C63 AMG, Black, Performance Pack+, LSD, HK

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Supra Chat

Post by ronk » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:20 pm

I thought it was the Batmobile! :rofl:
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Supra Chat

Post by buzyg » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:27 pm

Sadly it's hard to see how it can look worse than the new Zed. :(

ph001
Lifer
Lifer

Supra Chat

Post by ph001 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:09 pm

Alas, the production car is even less like the concept was on the Z4. Same old same old.
2007 E85 Z4 3.0Si manual :driving:
19" CSL's | Eibach Springs | Aeroskirts | Z4M front bumper | Clear brake light | ZHP | RCH+| Stubby

2004 E46 M3 coupe manual - gone but not forgotten.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Supra Chat

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:09 pm

But at least Toyota are reportedly talking about making them without adaptive dampers, and also with a manual gearbox!

That's the only one I would want - now I just need to find some money! :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

jimmybell

Supra Chat

Post by jimmybell » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:33 pm

Why are you after the non-adaptive damper version?

have a few whiskies and head down to the toyota garage with your mastercard, YOLO :driving:
V12 Vantage S - Hammerhead Silver, Manual, Lightweight Wheels, Exterior Carbon++, Carbon Buckets, AMR Performance Pack.
--

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Supra Chat

Post by ronk » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:45 pm

I like the YOLO !

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Supra Chat

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:49 pm

jimmybell wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:33 pm Why are you after the non-adaptive damper version?
Because I would hope a manufacturer could get a decent set-up without resorting to "electronic" aids - E36Ms, E46Ms and Z4Ms coped fine without them! And have you seen what adaptive dampers cost when they (almost inevitably) fail! :eek:

It just seems like another trend towards meeting a fad for pushing buttons for "driving modes" etc. Too PlayStation for me - get it right the first time! :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Supra Chat

Post by ronk » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:14 am

I think that the e-Buttons help keep the majority of us between the ditches!

300+ Bhp not that many years ago was only available in super cars.

jimmybell

Supra Chat

Post by jimmybell » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:52 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:49 pm
jimmybell wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:33 pm Why are you after the non-adaptive damper version?
Because I would hope a manufacturer could get a decent set-up without resorting to "electronic" aids - E36Ms, E46Ms and Z4Ms coped fine without them! And have you seen what adaptive dampers cost when they (almost inevitably) fail! :eek:

It just seems like another trend towards meeting a fad for pushing buttons for "driving modes" etc. Too PlayStation for me - get it right the first time! :lol:
I'd disagree, the Z4M is a prime example of pretty bad suspension, tonnes of pitching, very crashy. Would of loved the suspension i have in my M135i in the Z4MC any day. Adaptive just means you have some minor adjustment to make cars suit different conditions/uses.
--

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Supra Chat

Post by Mr Tidy » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:59 pm

jimmybell wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:52 pm I'd disagree, the Z4M is a prime example of pretty bad suspension, tonnes of pitching, very crashy. Would of loved the suspension i have in my M135i in the Z4MC any day. Adaptive just means you have some minor adjustment to make cars suit different conditions/uses.
Fair enough if that suits you. :thumbsup:

I can't think of any circumstances when I'd want to make adjustments. Unless I was going to track it, and then I'd probably opt for adjustable coil-overs!
Coupes because stunning!
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black