Page 2 of 2

F type disappointment...

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:25 am
by firebobby
ronk wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:41 pm
His family despair :rofl:
Sounds like he's spending the inheritance Ron :rofl: :rofl:

F type disappointment...

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:22 pm
by Z4M-2006
john-e89 wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:17 pm
Gazza51 wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:26 pm
If you fancy neck snapping flappy paddle gear changes, an outstanding induction growl, large boot and smiles for miles with sensible MPG you need a CSL, gives me buzz every time I take it out :driving:
I don’t have eleventine squillion ruppees for one Gazza, plus it’s a GT car I need, those CSL’s are far too track focused for my needs. :thumbsup:
]


This is a bit of you John...

Real GT car

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2015-MERCEDE ... Sw9CVbL50p

F type disappointment...

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:38 pm
by john-e89
Z4M-2006 wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:22 pm
john-e89 wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:17 pm
Gazza51 wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:26 pm
If you fancy neck snapping flappy paddle gear changes, an outstanding induction growl, large boot and smiles for miles with sensible MPG you need a CSL, gives me buzz every time I take it out :driving:
I don’t have eleventine squillion ruppees for one Gazza, plus it’s a GT car I need, those CSL’s are far too track focused for my needs. :thumbsup:
]


This is a bit of you John...

Real GT car

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2015-MERCEDE ... Sw9CVbL50p
:rofl: 83k..!!

You do make me chuckle at times Gaz..... :wink:

F type disappointment...

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:40 pm
by john-e89
Having said that I’m looking at SL 400 amg’s, more toys and comfort than a 35is...any thoughts fella..?....apart from the expected ‘shite’... :D Only thing that puts me off is the tranny is a bit slow to respond, that’s not good in anyone’s book.

F type disappointment...

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:51 pm
by Z4M-2006
Come on John

Sell all the frippery and dig deep...You know you want too.


You need a double clutch gearbox in a merc (7G DCT)if you want the fast gearchanges like the DCT in a 35iS...

The 7G MCT is better than the standard box,but dual clutch is what your looking for.

BMW have concerns with DCT with cars that are pushing decent bhp....reliability "may" become an issue.

F type disappointment...

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:57 pm
by john-e89
I haven’t even got a job Gaz...!! .I’m one of the great un-washed.... :lol:

Think it’s got to be either a 35is or a 3.4 981 PDK. A 35is is a nose length ahead simply because it’s cheaper and hopefully in a year or so a new Zed M140i will be nestling on the driveway if the reports so far are anything to go by.

F type disappointment...

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:59 pm
by Z4M-2006
john-e89 wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:57 pm
I haven’t even got a job Gaz...!! .I’m one of the great un-washed.... :lol:

Think it’s got to be either a 35is or a 3.4 981 PDK. A 35is is a nose length ahead simply because it’s cheaper and hopefully in a year or so a new Zed M140i will be nestling on the driveway if the reports so far are anything to go by.
You are certifiable John,you really are. :rofl: :rofl:

F type disappointment...

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:08 pm
by john-e89
Z4M-2006 wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:59 pm
john-e89 wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:57 pm
I haven’t even got a job Gaz...!! .I’m one of the great un-washed.... :lol:

Think it’s got to be either a 35is or a 3.4 981 PDK. A 35is is a nose length ahead simply because it’s cheaper and hopefully in a year or so a new Zed M140i will be nestling on the driveway if the reports so far are anything to go by.
You are certifiable John,you really are. :rofl: :rofl:
Excellent....standards haven’t slipped...I’m happy with that... :D :hairdryer:

F type disappointment...

Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:15 am
by Monkeydonkeyratmagic
Tuscan convertible should offer what you are looking for. Very frugal and all manual input. No abs or anything.

F type disappointment...

Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:55 pm
by ronk
firebobby wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:25 am
ronk wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:41 pm
His family despair :rofl:
Sounds like he's spending the inheritance Ron :rofl: :rofl:

Im sure he is! He seemed to have a good outlook on life.

He said that he has some petrol in his blood - and I had to smile when he talked of 500+ Bhp being “enough” at his age and not wanting to be overly extravagant.

F type disappointment...

Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:06 am
by jimmybell
I assume the paddles were not the Alu ones?

I quite liked the Alu ones when tested.

(I'm not sure lots of travel is desireable unless for a purpose? McLaren's probably have the best feel i've seen but they're certainly not a 'Manly' event - quite precise click and thin carbon paddles).

F type disappointment...

Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:16 am
by john-e89
jimmybell wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:06 am
I assume the paddles were not the Alu ones?

I quite liked the Alu ones when tested.

(I'm not sure lots of travel is desireable unless for a purpose? McLaren's probably have the best feel i've seen but they're certainly not a 'Manly' event - quite precise click and thin carbon paddles).
They were the alu ones Jimmy, if you feel a Porsche’s paddles they have a groove cut into the paddle that fits your fingers very nicely, not just a flat surface, plus there’s a good amount of travel. I sat in a California T the other day, they have huge paddles in line with the edge of the steering wheel with good travel and the same groove as Porsche have, perfection! The Porsche ones would be perfect if they were in line with the edge of the wheel too, but as all others they’re still not long enough, you have to reach round too much. It’s a small irritation but it makes a big difference.

F type disappointment...

Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:28 am
by jimmybell
I agree it can certainly affect your impression of a car! I did once go around goodwood FoS and test all the cars paddles for that reason.

Easy solution for you - buy a manual :D

F type disappointment...

Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:48 am
by Nictrix
john-e89 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:16 am
The Porsche ones would be perfect if they were in line with the edge of the wheel too, but as all others they’re still not long enough, you have to reach round too much. It’s a small irritation but it makes a big difference.
Maybe your hands are too small, you should inquire if they supply different steering wheels for women :lol: :poke:

F type disappointment...

Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:20 pm
by john-e89
Nictrix wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:48 am
john-e89 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:16 am
The Porsche ones would be perfect if they were in line with the edge of the wheel too, but as all others they’re still not long enough, you have to reach round too much. It’s a small irritation but it makes a big difference.
Maybe your hands are too small, you should inquire if they supply different steering wheels for women :lol: :poke:
Nowt wrong with the length of my fingers though...