Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

bmw/Mini F series service history query

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jamie_z4 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:27 am

hi guys,

my fiancee has a 2016 Mini and it doesnt have a service history book - all the service history is stored in the cars board computer ( simmlar to iDrive in F series bmws)

Now, its not against policy to have the car serviced elsewhere than a BMW/Mini franchised dealer as stated in her lease, as long as genuine parts are used - however, how do we prove its been serviced now there is no book? I presume only BMW have the ability to update the onboard computer based service history

Its due a service now and I plan on getting it serviced elsewhere than Mini (they charge £267 for an oil & Microfilter service!)

Just wondering if anyone with one of these non-service history book cars has any simmlar experience

thanks

jamie
18 Z4s owned to date.

Current: 2.5i Titan silver

Daily driver: 480bhp M140i Shadow edition.

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:43 am

I suppose you could keep the service invoice the indi provides & keep it with the cars handbook wallet, that should be proof enough :?
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

EssexZed

Post by EssexZed » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:01 am

I think that by law manufacturers have to make their digital service records systems accessible to independent garages. However, the independent garages have to apply for an account to gain access (not sure if charges are involved). Ask if the garage you intend to use has an account with BMW and if not, find one that does if this is important for you.

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jamie_z4 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:28 am

Tanks. Its only important because I don't want to get shafted with fees when we hand it back from not having met the correct service criteria, I couldn't care less about the quality of service it gets as long as its cheap :lol:
18 Z4s owned to date.

Current: 2.5i Titan silver

Daily driver: 480bhp M140i Shadow edition.