Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Civic Type R (FN2)

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
Jaw

Civic Type R (FN2)

Post by Jaw » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:38 am

anyone here have/had one and love/hate them? Picked up one as stock and ended up keeping it for a little while as a runaround, Never really 'got' the v-tec hype, would have rathered a modded focus st, but after a bit of seat time, it's a cracking car to ride around in!

Engine is very peppy, responsive. The lack of low down torque is beaten by the thrill of keeping it above 5k rpm, reminds me of the M in the sense of you get another dimension out of it if you really wring its neck. Chassis, clutch, steering, all superbly communicative for what I've used it for. Pet peeves being the seat not returning to the set position (same with many cars though), and the upper speedo reedout being hard to read (..you had one job....) and I love the seats, used to HATE the look of the car in general but it's grown on me. I know people complain that the ride is too rough, but I don't feel like I get an enjoyable ride unless things are a little bit rattly, plus the 911 is rock hard so I guess anything else feels soft in comparason.

Lacks out and out ballsy pace in standard form, have heard them with a mugen intake on and they sounds nuts, so theres a bit of scope for some tuning, not that I'm keeping it long term. Started off a bit sedate and then you click that you still have an extra 1500 rpm or so to squeeze out and adjust your driving accordingly :driving: Not bad for a relatively economical, easy to drive around town, luggage swallowing hatch really

Z4M Roadster - Gone but not forgotten
E92 M3 | 981 Boxster S | Corvette C4 | 996 911 Gemballa |XR8 | Whatever else is lurking in the garage

Monkeydonkeyratmagic

Civic Type R (FN2)

Post by Monkeydonkeyratmagic » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:25 pm

Mugen parts are stupid money though. But they are a pretty cool motor imo. Gotta love the red all over the inside. Plus the seating position in general is pretty damn awesome. Unlike the focus you can also use the arm rest on these. Put a Mugen wing on it though.
MR-2 Turbo Rev2

Yep no Z yet. On the hunt.