Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

e90 320d thoughts

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
road warrior

e90 320d thoughts

Post by road warrior » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:02 pm

academic now, but i had a 2006 320d and loved it remapped it and went like stink, never had any problems, best beemer i ever had, as said, you only ever see the problems posted. i never had any. :)
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
My wife says I never listen - or something like that.
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

e90 320d thoughts

Post by Machine monkey » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:30 pm

road warrior wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:02 pm academic now, but i had a 2006 320d and loved it remapped it and went like stink, never had any problems, best beemer i ever had, as said, you only ever see the problems posted. i never had any. :)
I believe you. And fully agree but I have read too many horror stories now. And with my track record and luck I will get a Friday afternoon car.
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

e90 320d thoughts

Post by Machine monkey » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:31 pm

Sgreen wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:15 pm Genuine replicas?
I'll swap you for a set of genuine replica BBS's I'm going to make out of balsa wood.
It’s just a little joke for the long term forum users.
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

road warrior

e90 320d thoughts

Post by road warrior » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:24 am

Machine monkey wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:30 pm
road warrior wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:02 pm academic now, but i had a 2006 320d and loved it remapped it and went like stink, never had any problems, best beemer i ever had, as said, you only ever see the problems posted. i never had any. :)
I believe you. And fully agree but I have read too many horror stories now. And with my track record and luck I will get a Friday afternoon car.
Your a clever bloke, don't believe you for a second :D
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
My wife says I never listen - or something like that.
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.

brillomaster

e90 320d thoughts

Post by brillomaster » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:03 pm

for what its worth, I blummin' love my e90 330d... lovely place to be, the engine is a peach and with a remap to 280bhp it pulls like a train. and in Germanic black with dishy wheels it looks great. had 99k on it when I bought it 2 years ago, now on 135k and I honestly can't see me replacing it.

you wont go far wrong with an M57 engine, generally bulletproof :)

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

e90 320d thoughts

Post by Machine monkey » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:16 pm

brillomaster wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:03 pm for what its worth, I blummin' love my e90 330d... lovely place to be, the engine is a peach and with a remap to 280bhp it pulls like a train. and in Germanic black with dishy wheels it looks great. had 99k on it when I bought it 2 years ago, now on 135k and I honestly can't see me replacing it.

you wont go far wrong with an M57 engine, generally bulletproof :)
I agree but I but the e90s are out of my budget.
After calling a fair few people about there cars. I am not sure i want to deal with the people selling £2k cars anymore :rofl:

I think I may just get anything local. Reliable and cheap for now. You never know driving a boring car might give the the kick up the ass to finish my turbo zed!