Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Hit 'n run. Had to happen sooner or later!

Claying, polishing, waxing... share your secrets in here.
Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:14 pm

Try to park away from everyone else and if I ever have to park in the carpark anywhere mine's the car you will see at the opposite corner to where everyone else is parked.
However, was out for a walk in the Amerongsebos yesterday and came back to this.
Of course this being NL, probably much like everywhere else these days no-one's going to leave a fess-up note if they can get away with it. I mean, why would you? Fkrs. :roll:

Already had some laughable quotes - Eu850 :rofl:

So I'm going to have a crack at some paintless dent removal myself then see how it polishes out with the DA.
How hard can it be? If I muck it up I'll just buy a new wing. There's a smidge of rust on the lower edge in any case so it could do with a tidy-up replacement anyway.

Any tips, tricks from anyone who's done it before?
IMG_20210228_154436.jpg
IMG_20210228_154436.jpg (118.98 KiB) Viewed 1407 times
IMG_20210228_154430.jpg
IMG_20210228_154430.jpg (173.97 KiB) Viewed 1407 times
IMG_20210228_154419.jpg
IMG_20210228_154419.jpg (125.82 KiB) Viewed 1407 times
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

HU51A_FU

Post by HU51A_FU » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:41 pm

Unless you want filler on your car then i would preferably replace the panel OEM of course & blend the adjacent panel i.e. Door.

Anything bodywork wise I'm fussy with and when you resell it you may get the odd guy who brings a paint depth gauge with him to measure paint depths too see if its had repairs which in some cases can loose you a sale. Just my two pence piece, your car. :)

Gutted either way for you mate, some people now days literally don't care, and no matter how far away you park you always get the one idiot!

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:37 pm

Sorry to see those photos Chris. :(

It's so annoying when you make every effort to park on your own and come back to something like that.

I just hope you can get it sorted without too much cost or hassle. :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Silverstar

Post by Silverstar » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:15 pm

HU51A_FU wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:41 pm Unless you want filler on your car then i would preferably replace the panel OEM of course & blend the adjacent panel i.e. Door.

Anything bodywork wise I'm fussy with and when you resell it you may get the odd guy who brings a paint depth gauge with him to measure paint depths too see if its had repairs which in some cases can loose you a sale. Just my two pence piece, your car. :)

Gutted either way for you mate, some people now days literally don't care, and no matter how far away you park you always get the one idiot!
In Europe the state of the bodywork is much less of a concern to a future buyer than it would be in the UK. In most European countries cars are not that well pampered / looked after.
2009 sdrive30i auto Sapphire Black / Coral Red

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:48 pm

Well it's an irritation of course but you have to philosopholophical; could have been a lot worse perhaps. :roll:
I'm actually quite looking forward to having a crack at PDR myself after getting clued up a bit on Youface.
This chap is working miracles with some basic tools and skills:
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

Thrustyjust

Post by Thrustyjust » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:51 pm

Not easy to pull that as you think . PDR wont replace the paint. It is double skinned in the edge. Will need quite a bit of work. Bonnets with damage will potentially need the whole bonnet repainting. We had a scratch and chipsaway tried 4 times to paint and blend and it didnt work, so they took it to their bodyshop and blew the bonnet over in the end to make it look reasonable. Worth a try, but its not an easy one with a high crown at the top of the dent also.
E86 In sapphire black

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:18 am

Thrustyjust wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:51 pm Not easy to pull that as you think . PDR wont replace the paint. It is double skinned in the edge. Will need quite a bit of work. Bonnets with damage will potentially need the whole bonnet repainting. We had a scratch and chipsaway tried 4 times to paint and blend and it didnt work, so they took it to their bodyshop and blew the bonnet over in the end to make it look reasonable. Worth a try, but its not an easy one with a high crown at the top of the dent also.
Chips away just refused to qute for the stone chip on my bonnet. Metallic paint is impossible match the crystal alignment apparently. :(

Hope you get the sorted quick Chris hate when that happens.

Thrustyjust

Post by Thrustyjust » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:09 pm

I wouldnt let Chipsaway near my car again, even the bodyshop which advertised he works for Lambo and Aston in the area took 3 goes and was rubbish. Sadly I wasnt paying for it so had to go to the place the other person wanted it to go. Long story............
E86 In sapphire black

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Post by firebobby » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:14 pm

That's a sh1t Chris, sorry to see that :thumbsdown:
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

PeterZed

Post by PeterZed » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:28 pm

Lets hope karma bites them in the arse for doing that , I am the same about parking my car and am amazed at the amount of times I get back to my deserted part of the car park and someone has parked next to me :(
'05 Sterling Grey manual 3.0, boot spoiler , mud flaps , wind deflector,elec memory seats,bluetooth
,satnav, computer,multi function wheel,folding mirrors.matt black rad grills MV3 wheels , and yes cup holders :-))