Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Which pad for Swirly Z4 Paintwork?

Claying, polishing, waxing... share your secrets in here.
Montegojones41

Post by Montegojones41 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:22 pm

Having trouble removing swirls, have got a DA Polisher and various pads which dont seem to be good enough , any recommendations?
Montego blue Z4 2.5si 2007

Swiftly
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Swiftly » Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:33 pm

image001.jpg
image001.jpg (123.44 KiB) Viewed 879 times
I've used orange cutting and white polishing Hexlogic pads with a good degree of success previously, but I actually prefer to use Meguiars microfiber cutting and polishing pads. Both are good products so down to individual preference.
Replacement, G29 Z4 M40i Lci in Alpine White :wub:
Gone G29 Z4 M40i in San Francisco Red
Gone F22 M240i auto coupe in Estoril Blue
Gone 2007 E85 3.0si Sport in Silver Grey,

IRD

Post by IRD » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:23 pm

Just used Meguiar’s microfibre pads on my car with good results at removing swirls. Talk to the guy at ‘Cleaning Your Car’. He recommended the microfibres to me telling me they work more quickly than the sponge ones. The only downside is you have to use a little brush on the pads to keep the pads clean and the microfibres fluffed up during the process. It only takes a few seconds though and I didn’t find it too much of a burden.

Montegojones41

Post by Montegojones41 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:07 pm

Swiftly wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:33 pm image001.jpg
I've used orange cutting and white polishing Hexlogic pads with a good degree of success previously, but I actually prefer to use Meguiars microfiber cutting and polishing pads. Both are good products so down to individual preference.
Thanks for that , Realised looking at that diagram ive got the yellow cutting pad but wasnt good enough combined with the S20+ cutting compound, perhaps i should try microfibre pads instead

Montegojones41

Post by Montegojones41 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:09 pm

IRD wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:23 pm Just used Meguiar’s microfibre pads on my car with good results at removing swirls. Talk to the guy at ‘Cleaning Your Car’. He recommended the microfibres to me telling me they work more quickly than the sponge ones. The only downside is you have to use a little brush on the pads to keep the pads clean and the microfibres fluffed up during the process. It only takes a few seconds though and I didn’t find it too much of a burden.
Think thats whats needed rather than sponge ones, yellow cutting pad didnt cut enough , ill check it out thanks

IRD

Post by IRD » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:12 pm

Montegojones41 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:09 pm
IRD wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:23 pm Just used Meguiar’s microfibre pads on my car with good results at removing swirls. Talk to the guy at ‘Cleaning Your Car’. He recommended the microfibres to me telling me they work more quickly than the sponge ones. The only downside is you have to use a little brush on the pads to keep the pads clean and the microfibres fluffed up during the process. It only takes a few seconds though and I didn’t find it too much of a burden.
Think thats whats needed rather than sponge ones, yellow cutting pad didnt cut enough , ill check it out thanks
I watched the Meguiar’s Microfibre specific video on Facebook and found that really helpful. Good luck I’m sure you’ll sort it in the end. :thumbsup: