Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Corrosion inhibitors - a new kid on the block...

Claying, polishing, waxing... share your secrets in here.
ph001
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ph001 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:40 pm

I have been an advocate of ACF50 for a good many years and have always took the time to spray the vulnerable areas of the Z4 with it every autumn - particularly the brake pipes and any steel - aluminium fixings like the heatshields. I always thought it performed quite well but it seems there is a new kid on the block in the form of XCP Rust Blocker.

It seems that in a very thorough long term test it beat ACF50 by a huge margin. Have just ordered a can from Ebay as it can only a good thing for keeping the underside of the car in top condition.

See the test here.... https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/r ... ant-review
2007 E85 Z4 3.0Si manual :driving:
19" CSL's | Eibach Springs | Aeroskirts | Z4M front bumper | Clear brake light | ZHP | RCH+| Stubby

2004 E46 M3 coupe manual - gone but not forgotten.

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:10 pm

Interesting.
Been using ACF50 for yonks too. Its great stuff.

Will be giving this stuff a whirl too.
:thumbsup:
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

Z4paul

Post by Z4paul » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:11 pm

Looks very effective- as an ex mx5 owner I faught a long and exhausting battle agaimst rust but did find the dynax range of products from Bilthammer pretty good but a little late for that car. Looks like b and q do a retail version of this xcp gear
2.0 m sport (suspension / steering wheel/scuff plates) cupholders sapphire black with factory hard top. Needs a little tlc but loving it.