Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

pressure washer

Claying, polishing, waxing... share your secrets in here.
z4dan

pressure washer

Post by z4dan » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:44 pm

im thinking of getting a karcher k2 full control pressure washer. anyone else use one on their car or a different make they can recommend... not too expensive!

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

pressure washer

Post by Ewazix » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:26 pm

I've had a K2 for a while, probably used a couple of times a month and it does a better job than my old cheapo' unit that was theoretically more powerful and packed up quite quickly. The attachments all work well and isn't so big that you can't be bothered to get it out. The bottom line is that it's decent enough quality and not expensive. :thumbsup:
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost

Angelus666

pressure washer

Post by Angelus666 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:39 pm

If you can afford it go for the K4, much better and more robust then the K2.

greg81

pressure washer

Post by greg81 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:54 pm

I spent £70 on a Nilfisk about 8 years ago for washing my car but I've used it for so much more and I've never felt the need for anything more expensive/fancy

IRD

pressure washer

Post by IRD » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:18 pm

I have got A K4 and am very happy with it. I use it regularly on the car. It also came with a rotary brush which I use for cleaning our block paving with excellent results. Worth the money in my opinion. :thumbsup:

road warrior

pressure washer

Post by road warrior » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:13 pm

If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
My wife says I never listen - or something like that.
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

pressure washer

Post by Ewazix » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:03 am

road warrior wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:13 pm i recommend this
https://www.screwfix.com/p/titan-ttb669 ... 240v/5014j
It was a Screwfix Titan that I had before the Karcher, the first one had to be swapped after a few months because it wouldn't switch on, the replacement lasted better but the pressure release valve went so it constantly cycled the pump on and off even when stood. But I had bought it based on good reviews on the Screwfix site, so either I was unlucky or the feedback is bolx :lol:

BTW has anybody else taken one of these apart and managed to fix them? The pumps are way more complex than you would imagine and the internals are all plastic welded in a way that makes the impossible to reassemble. Even I (family nickname 'the Bodger') had to admit defeat a buy a new one! :P
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost

Gaijiniji

pressure washer

Post by Gaijiniji » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:56 am

If I'm not mistaken the Nilfisks have metal impellers which should theoretically mean they last longer. I've got a k2 and find it's more than adequate. (I've used it to successfully strip flesh from my thumb!).

Full control is the one with the jazzy dials? I didn't see the point in this and opted for the normal version. I've used it for car cleaning duties, washing decking, wheely bins, stripping masonry paint... and have never found it lacking.

It's also fairly common so it will be easy to find snow foam attachments etc for it.