Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Ceramic Coating

Claying, polishing, waxing... share your secrets in here.
Tinker15

Ceramic Coating

Post by Tinker15 » Mon May 27, 2019 4:16 pm

Z4M-2006 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 1:07 pm
Car looks lovely,but i find it really hard to see how that can be achieved..

After products used that wouldnt even crack minimum wage never mind overheads.
His overheads are low as he works out of a second hand car place (it isn’t posh by any means) where he fettles the cars for sale. He uses Ultimaxx products https://ultimaxxceramics.com/ There is a video at https://photos.app.goo.gl/bWj8AfiafPak7X456 after he had just finished working on the car. After saying that his charges are very reasonable but this is Yorkshire and we are tight. As the saying goes a Yorkshireman is a Scotsman with all the generosity squeezed out of him! 😉

Whatever the car looks very good and I’m very happy with the work he has done on both our cars.
E89 sDrive 30i
Jaguar XF 3.0D
TVR Chimaera 450 (now sold)

Z4M-2006
Lifer
Lifer

Ceramic Coating

Post by Z4M-2006 » Mon May 27, 2019 7:38 pm

Absolutley,and thats the important thing.

As long as your happy.

Im only over the hill from you,about 25 mins away. You dont need to tell me how tight a Yorkshire folk are :rofl:

Tinker15

Ceramic Coating

Post by Tinker15 » Mon May 27, 2019 8:41 pm

Z4M-2006 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 7:38 pm Absolutley,and thats the important thing.

As long as your happy.

Im only over the hill from you,about 25 mins away. You dont need to tell me how tight a Yorkshire folk are :rofl:
Some good driving roads in you part of the world. I regularly drive over Glossop way and to the Lantern Pike Inn at Little Hayfield. I'm at our French home at present but will be flying back in the middle of June and driving back in the Z4 for a couple of months. One of the reasons for getting the car done was that over here the water is incredibly hard and avoiding water spots is not easy. I'm hoping it helps if I'm careful.

The man I used https://ueni.com/en-gb/b/enhanced-shine ... -detailing is now an accredited Ultimaxx detailer and his prices have gone up since he did mine. Still good value though.
E89 sDrive 30i
Jaguar XF 3.0D

Flyingfifer

Ceramic Coating

Post by Flyingfifer » Tue May 28, 2019 10:44 am

boatyhacker wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 11:08 pm About 10 hours from start to finish?
Thats a really short time, my detailer had the car for 3 days, the reason being the coating needs to cure for a good day or two for the best results and the paint needs to be prepped and decontaminated prior to the application.
2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

Tinker15

Ceramic Coating

Post by Tinker15 » Tue May 28, 2019 12:33 pm

If you read the info on some of the newer ceramic coatings they dry in 30 minutes and the car can get wet after 4 hours. If the car wasn’t in too bad a state to start off with then I guess 10 hours is possible.
E89 sDrive 30i
Jaguar XF 3.0D

Flyingfifer

Ceramic Coating

Post by Flyingfifer » Wed May 29, 2019 7:49 am

Tinker15 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 12:33 pm If you read the info on some of the newer ceramic coatings they dry in 30 minutes and the car can get wet after 4 hours. If the car wasn’t in too bad a state to start off with then I guess 10 hours is possible.
Ahhh thats alot better, this days to dry malarky was a bit inconvenient :rofl:
2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

boatyhacker

Ceramic Coating

Post by boatyhacker » Thu May 30, 2019 10:21 pm

Tinker15 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 12:33 pm If you read the info on some of the newer ceramic coatings they dry in 30 minutes and the car can get wet after 4 hours. If the car wasn’t in too bad a state to start off with then I guess 10 hours is possible.
It was pretty good. There were very few defects really.

The instruction I received was to refrain from washing it for a week, but not to worry about rain or anything else. Being jet black it was looking pretty gnarly today but I gave it a pretty quick wash (snow foam, rinse, two bucket wash, rinse, towel dry) and the gloss has come right back to where it was after the treatment last week.

So far so good!

cani

Ceramic Coating

Post by cani » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:28 am

Beeacon wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 1:15 pm Really nice! Just need to keep it in tip top condition now to get the most out of it! I use a top up coat that sits over the top and helps the hydrophobicity (Gyeon Cure).

Mine coated with Siramik SC15 (I think) and topped up with Gyeon Cure.
Not sure how to reply to a post so hope this works. I am drooling over the shine on your Deep Sea Blue (I have the same color). Hope the one I just bought comes out looking halfway as nice when I get it detailed.

Beeacon

Ceramic Coating

Post by Beeacon » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:45 pm

cani wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:28 am Not sure how to reply to a post so hope this works. I am drooling over the shine on your Deep Sea Blue (I have the same color). Hope the one I just bought comes out looking halfway as nice when I get it detailed.
Thank you very much Cani, the colour really comes out lovely for a 10 year old car!
If you're new to detailing then I'd recommend having a watch of some detailing videos on YouTube to get an idea of what methods to use and what stuff to get once you get it detailed. Personally I like the videos by PanTheOrganizer because he links all the stuff he uses, though the videos by Ammo are very good too.

Link to my method of cleaning below (by no means perfect, just works for me and I've only been doing it for a year so I'm sure it will change over time):
viewtopic.php?p=1629566#p1629566

Best of luck with your new Deep Sea Blue!

Cheers,
Beeacon.
Current: Still thinking...
Past: 2009 BMW Z4 35i sDrive DCT
Past: 1997 BMW Z3 2.8 wide boy