Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Sun Shine

Claying, polishing, waxing... share your secrets in here.
buzyg
Legend
Legend

Sun Shine

Post by buzyg » Sat May 04, 2019 9:14 pm

Well it's been a sorry few weeks for the Zed. After sorting out the third brake light and getting it all cleaned up for the Haynes breakfast meet a few weeks back. I arrived home needing the loo, parked up and left the hand brake off. A few minutes later I returned to see the Zed nestled against my neighbours wall having run backward into it. :cry: :oops:

Very fortunate that only the bumper was damage. Missed the exhaust the lights and my neighbours car. :)

A trip to the local body shop and after discussing with them, decided to have the front bumper resprayed too, whilst it was in. Plus a few stone chips touched in. All for the very reasonable sum of £560. Got the car back last week but decided to leave it in the garage untill I had a chance to get some polish on the the new paint.

So to today a beautiful afternoon and a few hours well spent.
20190504_190540.jpg
20190504_190540.jpg (218.26 KiB) Viewed 862 times
20190504_194103.jpg
20190504_194103.jpg (197.09 KiB) Viewed 862 times
So good to have her back looking good. Time for :driving: :D
Last edited by buzyg on Sat May 04, 2019 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Sun Shine

Post by john-e89 » Sat May 04, 2019 9:33 pm

buzyg wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 9:14 pm Well it's been a sorry few weeks for the Zed. After sorting out the third brake light and getting it all cleaned up for the Haynes breakfast meet a few weeks back. I arrived home needing the loo, parked up and left the hand break off. A few minutes later I returned to see the Zed nestled against my neighbours wall having run backward into it. :cry: :oops:

Very fortunate that only the bumper was damage. Mist the exhaust the lights and my neighbours car. :)

A trip to the local body shop and after discussing with them, decided to have the front bumper resprayed too, whilst it was in. Plus a few stone chips touched in. All for the very reasonable sum of £560. Got the car back last week but decided to leave it in the garage untill I had a chance to get some polish on the the new paint.

20190504_190540.jpg

20190504_194103.jpg

Hand ‘break’....’mist’ the neighbours car...have we been on the sauce Buzy lad...? :poke:

M is looking rather nice again though.....you dipstick.... :poke: :wink: :thumbsup:
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

parabolica

Sun Shine

Post by parabolica » Sat May 04, 2019 9:38 pm

OP mind sharing which body shop you used? I’m going to be looking for quotes for a front bumper and wing respray and everyone I’ve spoken to so far have quoted ridiculous money.

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Sun Shine

Post by buzyg » Sat May 04, 2019 10:02 pm

john-e89 wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 9:33 pm
buzyg wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 9:14 pm Well it's been a sorry few weeks for the Zed. After sorting out the third brake light and getting it all cleaned up for the Haynes breakfast meet a few weeks back. I arrived home needing the loo, parked up and left the hand brake off. A few minutes later I returned to see the Zed nestled against my neighbours wall having run backward into it. :cry: :oops:

Very fortunate that only the bumper was damage. Missed the exhaust the lights and my neighbours car. :)

20190504_190540.jpg

20190504_194103.jpg

Hand ‘break’....’mist’ the neighbours car...have we been on the sauce Buzy lad...? :poke:

M is looking rather nice again though.....you dipstick.... :poke: :wink: :thumbsup:
It's been a longer weekend than you know John. A least I got sum and some correct. :wink:

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Sun Shine

Post by buzyg » Sat May 04, 2019 10:36 pm

parabolica wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 9:38 pm OP mind sharing which body shop you used? I’m going to be looking for quotes for a front bumper and wing respray and everyone I’ve spoken to so far have quoted ridiculous money.
Here you go.

https://www.google.com/search?q=crash+r ... 2520Centre

I have used the same shop for every little bump and scrape on any of our cars the past 20 plus years. Family firm now run by the son and daughter. Just as professional courtious and skilled as their parents were.

Thoroughly recommended. :thumbsup: