Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Shiny happy people

Claying, polishing, waxing... share your secrets in here.
chrisgreen

Shiny happy people

Post by chrisgreen » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:03 am

looks nice! what did you use to hand polish? I couldn't even touch the tough BMW paint on mine without a machine polisher.
'04 E85 Z4 3.0 silver/black - daily driver :driving: - Sold
'02 E46 M3 PY/Kiwi
'05 E46 330d Touring - Silver Grey/Black

DMC63

Shiny happy people

Post by DMC63 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:13 pm

Chris_D wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:56 am
DMC63 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:50 am
Chris_D wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:30 am
You dont need any fancy arse claybar liquids. Soapy water in a spray bottle does just fine.
Pics when done!
:thumbsup:
Hi Chirs. I bought the maguires clay bar set and the spray was free on offer. Usually I'm not swayed by brands. The car is in a bit of a neglected state currently covered in dust and footprints from the local cats. I've been at uni for the last year, well since October and driven it about 5 times. I'll remove the hardtop in a few weeks and give the pram cover a clean and re-dye, re-dip the wheels, clay and clean. The headlight lenses are a bit yellowed too so that may be done mid may if it fails the MOT. Mechanically it's up to scratch having had a new rad, expansion tank and coolant sensor fitted a couple of weeks back following a overheating caused by leaking rad and expansion tank. I'm looking forwared to doing the work, I guess that's half the fun of owning these cars.
It's definitely a never-ending list of things to-do innit.
And that reminds me, I need to replace my coolant sensor as I think it's giving a false reading. What part no. did you go for? u have same engine as mine don't u? m54 3.0?
Happy cleaning!
:thumbsup:
Not sure of the part No. The garage replaced it. Mine's a 2.5i. My sensor story...Are you sitting comfortably? Good, I'll begin, lol.
Once upon a time my coolant light came on...f**k! My usual reaction when any light other than the indactors appear on the dash. Checked the coolant level and it was fine, the float bobbed up out of the filler neck. Checked forum for 'why the light with correct coolant level'. Suggestions of faulty sensor. I figured that the sensor could wait, far to busy. Drove the car a few times with sensor light coming on after a few miles. Didn't check coolant assuming it was ok. After about the 4th drive the temp guage rocketed up towards the red, pulled over, AA attended and the coolant was empty :cry: AA topped up but it was leaking bad. New rad, expansion tank and sensor all paid for by AA part and garage, I've driven it about and the engine still purrs and no bailys on the stick or filler cap. So no problems with head gasket. Moral of the story - Always tend to fualty things before it really breaks. :thumbsup:
BMW Z4 2003 2.5i and lots of bits and pieces - 2016 - 2020 Sold