Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Which wheel wax?

Claying, polishing, waxing... share your secrets in here.
Gjm91

Which wheel wax?

Post by Gjm91 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:22 am

Hi all - use my zed all year round and seem to spend ages each week trying to get my csl’s clean . Dont know whether its the style of the wheels but they seem to collect loads of road grime in the corners where the spoke meets the rim. Have tried a number of spray on wheel protectants eg armour all/autoglym / simoniz along with normal body wax but dont seem to make much difference. Wondered what others are using on their alloys - anyone recommend any decent wheel waxes/ protectors - cheers
E89 2.0 i S Drive M Sport
TT MK1 Roadster
RR Evoque
Now gone E85 2.0 SE

ph001
Lifer
Lifer

Which wheel wax?

Post by ph001 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:48 pm

Gtechniq C5 Alloy Wheel Armour is probably as good as you will get in terms of longevity.
2007 E85 Z4 3.0Si manual :driving:
19" CSL's | Eibach Springs | Aeroskirts | Z4M front bumper | Clear brake light | ZHP | RCH+| Stubby

2004 E46 M3 coupe manual - gone but not forgotten.

BeeEmm

Which wheel wax?

Post by BeeEmm » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:52 pm

The only wax I would recommend is SwissVax Autobahn which contains PTFE. It is expensive, but lasts for months and months. Whatever you buy, prepare the wheels properly by removing them and washing, decontaminating, then using something like Bilt Hamber Cleanser Polish to prepare them for the wax. Another good product is Polish Angel Supersport PTFE which is a spray on product. I have used Gtechniq C5 (which others will recommend) but it is not as good as Autobahn in my opinion. Remember, preparation is key, remove the wheels and thoroughly decontaminate. Bilt Hamber have great products for this such as Korrosol, Surfex HD and Auto Wheel.
I used to have two boys and a girl. Now I have two Men and a Woman. :?

Gjm91

Which wheel wax?

Post by Gjm91 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:17 pm

Thanks for the tips - got a job for the weekend now
E89 2.0 i S Drive M Sport
TT MK1 Roadster
RR Evoque
Now gone E85 2.0 SE