Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Suggested Bodyshops - Glasgow Area?

Claying, polishing, waxing... share your secrets in here.
Sideways Steve

Post by Sideways Steve » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:33 am

Morning Folks,

I have a couple of patches on my otherwise pristine bonnet where the lacquer has been damaged and touched up then re sealed and frankly it ruins the look of the car so I am looking for anyones input on good bodyshops that are not going to charge a fortune to resolve the issue.

Ideally looking for someone to suggest one they have used in the Glasgow area but specifically someone who knows the Z4 as the bonnet is alloy and I also have a few other parts I want touched up which will involve the bonnet being blended onto the wings rather than just painting the one panel and having the chance of a very visible colour mismatch.

I got a quote from BMW to do the work and it was a touch over £2k which is just far too much for what I am after. For that price they were removing the front bumper, completely stripping and painting it to sorts a scuff and loads of stone chips, completely stripping the bonnet and fully repainting, then buffing back a damaged lacquer section on the drivers wing painting and blending it all back in.

Don't get me wrong I know BMW would do an excellent job ion it as they recently done my E91 but I really just want to tidy things up a bit for as reasonable a price as possible and as you would expect its actually BMW's labour rate that has created the bulk of the cost here not the actual paint and materials.

Any suggestions on places I can try folks?
2004 E85 Z4 Roadster
2007 E91 Touring
2007 R56 Mini JCW (Currently For Sale)

scooobydont

Post by scooobydont » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:51 pm

A bit outside Glasgow but I can recommend Foz in Clackmannan, he does all the painting for the local 'car 'guys' round here, first class job as well. I had my wheel refurbed and the finish was first class.

http://www.fozsports.co.uk/

Sideways Steve

Post by Sideways Steve » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:06 pm

scooobydont wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:51 pm A bit outside Glasgow but I can recommend Foz in Clackmannan, he does all the painting for the local 'car 'guys' round here, first class job as well. I had my wheel refurbed and the finish was first class.

http://www.fozsports.co.uk/
Cheers, certainly worth a call !
2004 E85 Z4 Roadster
2007 E91 Touring

Bottom

Post by Bottom » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:20 pm

Is Troon too far?
John McAleese Body Shop in Templehill are excellent, they used to do all BMW paint jobs for the local BMW dealers.
01292 314050

Sideways Steve

Post by Sideways Steve » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:19 pm

Cheers, my spare bumper is currently at a guy who done my 911 deck lid so will see how it looks and take it from there :)
2004 E85 Z4 Roadster
2007 E91 Touring